36

Clayton paced around the room and I watched him with slight concern. It had been weeks since the nation found out about werewolves and tensions were escalating.

We'd got the whole vampire thing situated and they were given rooms along with the rest of the new-coming werewolves. Clayton had retreated to our room and when I came to see him he was discussing something over the phone. Other packs wanted to join our coalition. Now he just growled and paced.

I checked the time and sighed.

"Clayton it's three in the morning. Get some sleep." I sighed past a yawn. I'd just woken up from my hours long slumber and came to see why he still wasn't in bed.

"Katy even if we do fight... what will be the cost?" Clayton suddenly said as he abruptly stopped pacing. He turned to me and frowned slightly. I met his gaze and sighed.

"Clay there's bound to be some casualties." I said softly and he frowned.

"But they know our weaknesses Kate. They have tanks and machine guns. We have claws and fangs. Sure we can get our hands on some artillery but we need a solid plan if this is going to work." My mate sighed and I walked over to him. I slid my hands up his arms and gently rubbed his shoulders.

"I know but you need rest Clay... come to bed okay?" I pleaded softly as I looked into his eyes, studying his face. It had begun to darken under his eyes and unkept stubble littered his jaw. He looked so tired.

"Katlyn..." he began but my growl silenced him.

"Clayton. Bed. Now." I ordered and he raised his eyebrows but didn't object when I dragged him to bed. He flopped onto the mattress and sighed.

"Sleep." I said and started for the door. I needed a drink.

"Stay." Clayton groaned from the bed and I looked over and locked with his pleading eyes.

"Clay-" I started.

"I said stay!" He suddenly snarled and I backed away in shock. His eyes turned red but he blinked it away and gave me an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap at you." He sighed and said, "I don't know what happened I just feel so protective and... I can't explain it. Baby I'm sorry if I scared you." He said with a look of self loathing and I made my way toward him.

"I just wanted some Dr. Pepper milk." I said softly and he scowled.

"What?" He asked with a dubious expression and I held back a laugh.

"It's where you get some ice in a cup, then pour in your milk and add some Dr. Pepper..." I said softly.

"And you drink it?" Clayton said sounding uncertain. I looked at him and smiled.

"Don't be preposterous, of course not, you use it as shampoo... Yes you drink it!" I said and he made a face of disgust.

"That's gross Katy." He said and I frowned as he sat up a bit as I made it to the bedside.

"It's actually not too bad." I said enjoying his horrified look. He sat up fully and shook his head.

"Come on then I'll prove it." I said grabbing his hand and pulling him out of the room.

We stopped in the kitchen and I didn't hesitate in pulling out some milk from one of the fridges. I put the jug on the counter and went in and pulled out a cold Dr. Pepper. I shut the door and turned back to Clayton with a grin.

I set the can by the milk and smiled as Clayton handed me two glass cups.

"So you're trying it?" I asked and he let out a small laugh.

"Did I have a choice?" He countered raising an eyebrow.

"No." I said with a smirk and put some ice in our cups. Clayton scoffed as I poured milk over the ice which then made a cracking sound. I handed Clayton's glass to him and opened the Dr. Pepper. It's sharp hiss told me it was ready to be poured and I poured half in my glass. Clayton watched with a frown as I put the can back down and my milk bubbled.

"It looks like chocolate milk kinda." Clayton observed and I nodded.

"Your turn." I said pointing at his cup and the half empty can. He grimaced and after a long paused poured a little into his cup. I frowned.

"You have to get more than that." I scolded and tipped the can up so that the remaining soda poured into his milk. Clayton gaped at me and I smirked and sipped some of my drink.

"Is it good?" He asked obviously hesitant. I nodded.

"Just drink it. It won't kill you." I said and guzzled down some of the cold goodness. Clayton huffed and sipped on his. He made a face and drank a little more.

"So?" I asked.

"It's disguising." He said and my eyebrow raised as he drank some more.

"Sure." I said and he chuckled but didn't say anything else. Soon me both had empty cups and we discarded the ice along with the cups in the sink.

"Gotcha." Clayton said abruptly picking me up and carrying me to our room. I giggled as he carried me down the halls and shut the door to our room and locked it.

He laid me down in bed and climbed in beside me. I sighed as he pulled me against him and his arm laid protectively over my stomach as he held me. I snuggled closer to him and relished in his warmth.

"I love you." I sighed and Clayton gave a low growl and held me tighter.

"I love you too." He whispered and brushed my hair aside before kissing my shoulder. I moaned softly as his teeth grazed my skin teasingly.

"Clay we're going to sleep." I objected in a breathy whisper and my mate huffed and kissed my mark. I felt my breath hitch as sparks rushed through me and I moaned as I felt my mate's hands slipping lower and lower.

"Clayton." I said sternly and he stopped with a throaty chuckle.

"Goodnight baby." He said hugging me to him and I sighed.

"Goodnight." I breathed and melted into my mate's warmth.

I've finally updated once again.

Thank you for all the support guys I really appreciate it.