20

It took forever for Clayton to get back but when he did I was ecstatic, that was until he blew me off like a piece of lint. I was sitting in the chair in the living room on my phone when he walked in.

"Clayton." I smiled walking over to him and he returned a quick grin. Before I could come near him he waved me off. I stopped staring at him in confusion.

"Not now Kate I've got things to take care of." He said flatly and brushed past me as if I were just some stranger. Ouch. That stung. No it didn't, more like a stab to the heart. You now? No big deal right? Note that's saturated in sarcasm.

"But Clay-" I tried but he just walked away.

I stood there watching him leave and frowned. What's up with him?

(I just choked on my cheesy Cheetos) *it hurts*

It wasn't long before I was wandering around the house bored out of my mind. I'd tried to talk to Clayton again but he wouldn't let me in his office and then locked the door.

"Just get it done okay? No no don't do that. It's simple just-dammit if you interrupt me one more time... Good. Now as I was saying just get the package and don't let her see it. Yeah. So what? She doesn't need to know..." I heard Clayton whispering as he walked down the hall. Suspicion rose in me as I  rounded the corner and met him. My mate jumped and quickly ended the call. He gave me a once over look and frowned slightly.

"Were you listening?" He asked softly his voice sounding strained. My suspicions grew and I crossed my arms.

"Only a little." I said flatly and he nodded curtly.

"What do I not need to know?" I asked and Clayton frowned.

"Who said I was talking about you? You aren't the only woman in my life." He countered harshly and I felt hurt course through me and I felt tears coming to my eyes. Immediately Clayton's eyes softened and he gasped before shaking his head frantically.

"I didn't mean it like that. Your my only love." He said but I just glared at him as tears ran down my cheeks.

"Fine then... I'll leave you alone." I said raising my hands in surrender and stepped back. I turned and walked away practically running from him.

I went to our room and jumped into the bed and pulled the covers over my head. It wasn't even funny how much I was hurting and soon sobs were slipping from me. Okay for everyone's information I was not a crybaby... Just really emotional at the moment.

Why was he avoiding me and what the hell did he mean by I wasn't the only woman in his life? My thoughts wouldn't shut up as I laid there. I wanted them to stop because it was making me overthink everything and then ponder over the worst. I just wanted them gone.

I put my head under my pillow and fell into a tormented sleep.

Clayton's ignored me all week and it's driving me crazy. Every time I try to talk to him he either walks away or ignores me. He hasn't slept in our room with me either, he's sleeping in his office. I don't know what's going on.

Clayton's P. O. V. (Thought I'd switch it up for once)

I sat in my office diligently going over some paperwork I had to take care of. I knew my mate was hurting. I was hurting my sweet Katy but I had to avoid her for a reason. If I stayed around her I'd ruin it. I could feel her pain throbbing in my heart and I hated it.

I hated snapping at her but it was a necessity. She was too intoxicating for her own good and I would not mess this up. So I had to stay away from her. And if that meant her hating and doubting me for a while so be it.

My phone started ringing and I answered it to hear Joyce's soft voice, "It's ready Alpha." She said and I nodded. A soft smile came to my lips.

"Good. Everything's in order?" I said and I heard her giggle.

"Alpha Clayton why would I call you if its not?" She said and I nodded. We talked a little more before I hung up. I let out a deep sigh and sat back in my chair.

Goddess how was I gonna do this? Please help me. I thought as I scrubbed my hands over my face.

I looked at the long note I'd wrote yesterday. It was full of crossed out words and scribbled sentences. I'd almost gave up trying to write it yesterday but I needed something to go off of. I didn't want to screw this up. I snatched it up in my hands.

I read over the words and changed some of it. It needed to be perfect, this needed to be perfect... Because she was perfect. Finally after finishing it and getting it to my satisfaction I read it over and over engraving it into my mind.

These words would change everything about us. What if she hates me?

Mate doesn't hate us Clayton. She loves us and she'll still love us. My wolf Convel growled softly in my head. I nodded and sighed.

But Convel what if she doesn't want us anymore? I pondered and fear gripped me. If she left it would kill me.

She won't leave-believe me. Convel growled in a deep throaty sound and I let out a breath.

You're right. I replied and ran my fingers through my hair.

Of course I am now quit worrying. Convel growled and disappeared into the depths of my mind. I sighed put the paper down. Goddess I needed to see her. I was on the verge of finding her and mating her right now. I wanted to make her feel all the pleasure I can give her. I'm an alpha for goddess's sake. I almost couldn't contain myself anymore. Convel craved her and so did I.

We'd have her soon though. I glanced over at the package on my desk. I'd opened it earlier and prayed it was okay. Thankfully for everyone, it was. In a few days or so it'd be different. It'd be marvelous.

I just hope that it's enough.

How did you guys like?

I'll update again this weekend hopefully.

Sorry if it's short.