43

Prepare yourselves.... it may be a little... shocking.

Ace's P. O. V.

Harper grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the house. Her eyes sparkled and I could see chaotic emotions running in them. I looked at her questioning inwardly what was wrong when she put her finger to her lips.

We were inside when she stopped and before I could ask why she was hiding in a corner I heard voices.

"I always thought she'd choose Dalton. They were such good friends..." a woman's voice said.

"I told you this would happen. Carly I fucking told you but no I'm always wrong aren't I?" A vicious voice spat and I peeked out of the hallway to see two figures. Katlyn's parents I believe. Her father held a gun and was wailing it around. The woman eyed the gun with an annoyed yet conflicted expression.

Her mother Carly scoffed, "Don't put this on me Rich. You're the one who decided to let her keep 'Alpha', what were you thinking?" She said and ran a hand through her hair. I looked at Harper who gave me a quick glance.

"I thought it would awaken her instincts. You were introduced to weres to get going, so was I... she just didn't do it. She didn't kill him." Her father said frowning.

"Because he's her mate and now she's one of them. She's one of those damn animals." Her mother spat.

"Well you seemed perfectly fine with it at her wedding!" Her father growled and shoved the gun in the back of his pants and flung his shirt over it.

"It was her wedding Richard! What was I supposed to do? You were the one slipping up when you found out she was pregnant!" Katlyn's mother yelled and shoved her husband. Richard flew back and Harper gasped in surprise. He instantly got on his feet and quicker than what was normal for a human rushed at his wife and wrenched her up by her shirt.

"I wanted to get rid of that dog a long time ago, but you thought it would hurt her. Now look at us! Squabbling in a house full of mutts! Putting on a face in front of our prey... No Hunter should even be in the same room with a wolf unless we're killing them, you know this and so do I!" Richard snarled and I froze.

They were Hunters.

Hunters were human but stronger, smarter, faster. You could call them a human on steroids. They were made for one thing. To hunt and kill werewolves.

The Hunters evolved from long ago. Rose up from the many humans wanting us, vampires and werewolves, gone. Hunters focused mainly on wolves since vampires were so easily identified. They were especially known for their violence towards wolves, known to kill them with their bare hands; fight them as a wolf or human. They trained for years and bred each other for the strongest offspring. They also had something to do with witches at some point but the facts about that is jumbled and not really known. Hunters were dangerous, are dangerous, made to wipe out species after species.

"Well she's not pregnant anymore and the baby's gone so stop moping about it." Her mother said and Richard slowly put her back down before running his hands through his hair.

"She's still a Hunter. You know her wolf side and that won't mix. This has never happened before." Richard sighed.

"Well if we'd actually told her when she turned fifteen like I suggested it could've, no would have, been avoided. She'd have shot that wolf on sight, no hesitation." Carly said in a gruff tone.

"So what now?" Richard huffed.

"I'm not sure what we can do. She's a Luna Rich. A fucking Luna. Plus she's our daughter... We can't stay here." Carly said softly and Richard nodded.

"We could try the Reversion." Her father said suddenly and her mother paused.

"That's crazy, it's only worked a handful of times." Carly said sighing.

"We can try." Richard said sharply and she sighed.

Harper stepped away from the corner and I backed away as well. A creek of the wood floor made us pause.

"Who's there?" Richard said loudly and I before I could teleport us away like I was going to, Harper stepped out of our hiding place.

I followed and the two looked at us in surprise.

"The bloodsuckers, of course." Richard said with a roll of his eyes and I growled. He frowned at me.

"You're Hunters." Harper said and Katlyn's mother frowned before pulling a gun from her shirt and aiming it at her. I snarled and went to cover my mate. I stood in front of Harper and bared my fangs.

"Silver bullet filled with liquid wolfsbane. It'll burst as soon as it's inside you. Now keep your mouth shut or you're dead. You got that?" Her mother spat with a disgusted look on her face.

"I understand but Katlyn needs to hear about this." Harper said from behind me and Carly shook her head. She flipped off the safety.

"Shut up you filthy creature or your mate there will take a bullet." Richard growled and walked over to Carly and lowered her arm.

"Lets just go Carly... there's too many of them, we'll come back later." He whispered urgently and Katlyn's mother just huffed and put the gun away.

"I'll find you. Talk and I'll find you." Carly spat before hurrying out of the place with Richard hot on her heels. It wasn't long before there was the roaring of an engine and Harper and I looked at each other.

"That was..." she said and I nodded.

"A lot? Yeah." I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck.

"How are we going to tell her?... she's both Hunter and wolf... that's bad right?" Harper said and I managed a nod.

"She hasn't shown any signs though. She's been like any other Luna, plus she's a Pure White... that's gotta mean something, right?" I said and Harper nodded.

"Maybe she'll be okay then, but the Reversion?" She said and I grimaced.

"It's where you break the wolf from a werewolf... turn the host fully human once again. I haven't heard of it working, but apparently it has." I sighed and Harper's eyes widened.

"We have to tell her... but how they're her parents... How did no one else notice this?" Harper said in bewilderment. I shrugged.

"Well they're outside... I can go get them?" I said to her questioningly and before I could move Harper jumped in my arms and hugged me to her.

"Don't ever do that again." She breathed and I frowned.

"I was just supposed to stand there while she pointed a gun at you?" I growled and wrapped my arms around her.

"You could've got yourself killed." She said softly and I nodded.

"I know." I sighed and she kissed my lips before pulling away.

"Let's get this over with." Harper breathed and we started toward the door.

The words played in my head as we made our way through the house... This wasn't a conversation I ever thought I'd be part of.

What do you think about that?

Crazy right?

Please comment, vote and share!