13

The ride to the "pack house" was very boring. Well besides the fact that Lexi wouldn't stop singing and Clayton stopped the car several times and threatened to throw her out. At one point he actually got out of the car and walked around before hopping back in and starting to drive like nothing had happened.

We ended up at this ginormous beautiful house. It was three stories and crafted of glorious woods and bricks. It was stunning.

"That's the house." Lexi said happily clapping her hands. I looked at her and raised an eyebrow. She was so unlike her brother.

"It's huge." I said softly and she nodded.

"It has to be to hold the pack. Their are a lot of us." My mate's sister said with a smile.

"How many?" I asked.

"About five hundred." Clayton said finally speaking up. I looked at him through the rear view mirror. He was staring straight ahead.

"So... What's gonna happen once I get in? No ones going to attack me right?" I asked a little scared and Clayton growled darkly.

"If anyone does they'll have me to deal with." My mate said gruffly and Lexi nudged me and whispered, "Change the subject please." I gave her a confused look and she nodded to Clayton who was looking pissed.

"So Clayton are you gonna show me around?" I asked softly and my mate seemed to calm down.

"Can you keep up? I mean you are a human... Can you take it?" He growled and I took offense.

"I don't know you are a dog. Can you take being in a cage?" I shot back and Lexi gasped and stifled a laugh. Clayton growled and glanced at me through the mirror.

"I'm a wolf. Not a dog. Don't test me sweetheart." He said coldly and I rolled my eyes. Lexi finally got a hold of herself and cleared her throat.

"The only thing being tested here is my will not to murder you." I spat and Clayton growled but chuckled.

"Darling you couldn't kill me if you tried. We'd just end up fucking each other." My mate said in a superior tone and gave a smirk.

"Clayton! Honestly what the hell dude?" Lexi broke in and I smiled at her disgusted look at her brother.

"What? It's the truth." He said with a shrug.

Oh sweet heaven above help me not to castrate this bastard in his sleep... I thought to myself and put on a smile.

"I love you Clayton." I said and the alpha tensed. Lexi gasped and gave me a look. I shrugged and looked out the window like I hadn't said anything. Clayton remained silent and didn't say it back and I'll admit-even though I said it to shut him up-it hurt.

"Well then, here we are." Lexi said as we stopped at a garage full of cars. We all got out of the car and I started to follow Clayton before he stopped me.

"Lexi show her around." He growled and walked away. I watched him leave with mixed emotions and sighed. Tears started to prick my eyes but I blinked them away.

"Why does he act like that?" I sighed sorrowfully and Lexi bit her lip.

"He's different... I'll explain another time." His sister said before linking her arm on mine. I decided not to pull my arm away-like I wanted to- and let her lead me around.

"So that's everything." She said after hours of walking around. I'd met about fifty people and I couldn't remember a single name. We'd met a patrol doing their daily assessment of the territory borders which I now know was over two thousand acres. It was mid day and I hadn't seen Clayton since he left and I wanted to see him. We were now inside walking the halls.