33

Omg I can't believe that this book has gotten over 8K views! Thank you guys!

It gets mildly sexual in this chapter but nothing too graphic.

Katlyn's P.O.V.

"I can't believe what that bastard was saying!" My father grumbled as he paced around the office. Him and my mother had shown up a couple of minutes ago worried and angry.

"They're practically calling you terrorists!" My mother said throwing up her hands from where she sat on the couch.

"I'm not just going to sit idly by while my daughter is persecuted." My dad said stopping his pacing. Clayton wrapped an arm around my waist and let out a low growl.

"What all did he say?" My mate asked in a deep rumble and my mom spoke up again.

"You should've heard him. He was saying you're dangerous and he'll have the military take care of it. A whole lot of 'merica hoorah' bullshit. He's not going to hurt my baby." My mom said glaring at the ceiling and giving me a soft determined look.

"Has anyone contacted you?" Clayton asked and Dad nodded letting out a string of curses.

"Yeah that bastard of a president actually called. Asking if we knew of anything; of course I just hung up the phone. And now here we are." My father sighed and sat down next to my mom. I watched as she leaned into him and they hugged each other. I looked at them with fond eyes and gave a small shake of my head.

"Who would've thought all this would happen?" I sighed.

"It's okay baby. I won't let anyone hurt you." Clayton whispered and kissed my forehead. I turned to him and grabbed his shirt collar and pulled him down so his lips met mine. After a few moments we broke apart and he let out a possessive growl as his office phone began ringing. He gave me a reluctant look then let me go and went to answer it.

"Alpha Clayton who's calling?" My mate said and his brow scrunched up as the person in the line said something.

"Yes it's true. What? No it was for a reason...." My mate clenched his jaw and glared at his desk.

"Yes come if you must. My mate and I were going to explain some things anyway... And Alpha Xavier?... You can bring your pack along if you'd like. This is for everyone to hear. The more the better..." After a few moments Clayton hung up the phone and sighed. I walked over and slid my hands along his back and smirked as he shivered.

"You okay?" I said softly and he nodded and turned to me with a smile. Suddenly he looked at my parents.

"If you don't mind leaving for a little bit, Katlyn and I have some things to discuss." My mate said and my parents nodded and stood. Though my father looked less enthusiastic to leave and he eyed Clayton suspiciously.

"We'll be out in a while." Clayton said as he showed my parents the door and shut them out as they made their way down the hall. With a flick of his hand he locked the door and turned to me with a devilish smirk.

In a flash he was in front of me and hoisting me up by my thighs. I gasped as my back met the cool surface of the wall and Clayton gave a soft growl.

"Katlyn what if I lose you?" He said suddenly and I blinked. That wasn't what I was expecting. I wrapped my arms around his neck and nuzzled closer.

"You won't." I said softly, "We're immortal remember?" I sighed and Clayton frowned.

"That doesn't mean anything. I've heard of immortals dying. What if you-" I didn't let him finish before I crashed my lips on his. He instantly responded and deepened the kiss.