12

"Katlyn! It's time to go!" Clayton's voice rang out and I jumped awake. I groaned and looked at my stuffed duffle bag. I didn't want to leave. I slumped out of bed and crept to my bathroom. I'd left some clothes in there last night to change.

I did my business and slipped into some blue jean shorts and a black top. I tried to calm my beating heart as I went down the stairs. My parents were in the kitchen talking and Dalton was sitting on the couch, he'd stayed over night. Clayton leaned against the wall by the door and nodded to me as I made it to the bottom of the stairs.

Dalton smiled softly at me and my parents rushed over.

"You don't have to go." My mother said quickly and Clayton growled. He pushed off the wall and stalked over. He still only had boxers on and I felt my face heat up slightly at his body. My parents engulfed me in a hug and Clayton snorted.

"Actually she does." My mate said with a growl and my dad pulled away and glared at him. He opened his mouth to speak but Clayton got there before him.

"Y'all can visit anytime you'd like. You're welcome on my territory." Clayton continued with a soft smile. Everyone was quiet.

"What? You're her parents and her friend... There's no point in not letting y'all visit because if I did that she'd probably try to run away." Clayton said casually and went toward the stairs, "I'll get your stuff." He growled and disappeared up the stairs.

Everyone looked at each other in shock.

"I thought he'd forbid us or something." Dalton grunted from the couch. My parents sighed and I jumped on the couch beside him. He chuckled and shook his head.

"You better get away from me sweetheart before your crazy wolf boy comes down and flips on me again." Dalton laughed and I gave him a quick hug before getting up.

As I walked to my parents Clayton came down with my things and set them by the door.

"Hey Kate can I borrow your phone real quick?" Clayton said and I shrugged and gave him my phone. He muttered something like a thanks and started to type in a number. He brought my phone up to his ear and spoke with authority after a pause.

"Hey Lexi it's Clayton... Yeah... We need a ride... I said a ride... Yeah... Just hurry up. Love you too... See you soon." Clayton finished and hung up the phone. I felt a spark in my chest and I glared at Clayton.

"Who's Lexi?" I said trying to keep my voice steady.

Clayton looked at me and smirked, "Oh... you'll find out." He chuckled and winked before handing me back my phone.

"Ugh enough with this." Dalton groaned from the couch, "Dude quit playing, Kate might not look it, but she's a jealous person and what you're doing right now ain't helping your sorry case." I shot Dalton a look and earned a chuckle and smirk from Clayton.

"Aww I love the jealous type. It shows you care... Katy really don't worry about it." Clayton said giving a genuine smile. His smile made my heart race.

"What are you? Bipolar? Switched personalities?" I asked getting annoyed and Clayton scoffed. He shook his head but that's it.

I rolled my eyes and started talking to my parents, "So... I'm going to miss y'all." I said softly and Clayton cleared his throat.

"I'll be outside." My mate said and left the house in a rush. Dalton chuckled and got off the couch as the door shut.

"Looks like Pretty Boy doesn't like the mushy stuff." My friend said with a smirk. I shrugged and I was engulfed in a hug from my mom and soon Dad and Dalton joined in. My parents and I were crying and Dalton was giving my a soft smile but I could see his eyes glossing up.