Chapter 2 Alicias POV

A few days went by and I hadn't really talked to Elyza. I had been hanging around the club with Nick when he was there, and lounging by the pool. And sure, she was working but I hadn't made an effort to talk to her. And she hadn't made an effort to talk to me, so why should I?

I must say though my summer was off to a boring start. I had no plans after the club closed every night. I'd usually just go home, listen to music, watch Netflix, or go to bed. It wasn't fun. Just then Nick sat down next to me in a lounge chair. I was by the pool again.

"Hey sis what's up?" He Ruffled my hair.
"Knock it off!" I shout pushing his hand away.
"What plans do you have tonight?" He asked me smiling.
"Oh you know, tons of plans to choose from. Tons." I laugh
"Absolutely nothing what do you think?" I laugh again and he smirks at me.
"Well do you wanna go to a party? Benji invited us out tonight." Benji was my brothers best friend.
"A party?" I'd never really gone to a party besides mom and dads banquets or fancy dinners. Then again I was only seventeen.
"Earth to Alicia?" Nick waved his hand at me.
"Oh shit, yea sure I'm in." I smiled.
"Awesome! You can bring a friend if you want. Be ready to leave by 9. Benjis picking us up!" Nick smiled, got up, and walked off.

As much as I would've loved to bring a friend, those were something I lacked. And the ones I did have weren't even in town all summer. I sighed and laid back down. I was nervous to party. I never had. And I knew Nick was going to get wasted and ditch me for hot girls or his buddies. Just as I was reconsidering going I heard a lifeguard blow a whistle at some kids. And I got an idea.

-----------------ELYZAS POV-------------

I blew my whistle as a couple of kids got too rough in the pool. I hated this job Honestly. Full of annoying rich people. But I needed the money. If I ever wanted to pursue my artwork I had to pay the bills somehow for now.

I hadn't really made friends outside of work so summer was slow and dull for me. Just then I heard a familiar voice from below me.

"Elyza!" It was Alicia. I climbed down my ladder.

"Oh hey! Long time no talk?" I smirked at her. She seemed nervous around me.
"Yeah my bad." Alicia shrugged and looked down.
"So what brings you to my stand?" I laugh at her.
"Well, my brother..he invited me to this party tonight. And I really haven't partied much. He said I could bring someone and I was just wondering if you mayb-" I cut Alicia off.
"You had me at party." I smiled at her and she returned the smile.
"Great! Awesome. It's tonight at 9, so if you want to give me your number I'll text you the address!" Alicia seemed excited.
"Trying to get my number already?" I rolled my eyes playfully. Alicia's face got red and she looked down.
"I'm kidding! Lighten up!" I punched her arm jokingly.
"Haha yeah, well here." She handed me her phone and I put my number in.
"So I'll see you at 9." I handed her her phone back.
"Nine." She smiled and walked away.