Chapter 20-ELYZAS POV

Alicia and I rode my Harley to the hospital. She wasn't saying much but I could tell she was nervous. Nervous for Nick and to bring me. When we got to the hospital she froze.
"I'm scared." She said standing by the front sliding doors. People came in and out.
"Alicia. I'm right here." I said rubbing her back gently.
"I just..I thought he was doing better." Alicia sniffled. She had never looked so soft and fragile.
"He'll get there babe." I said reassuringly.
Alicia turned to face me gently letting her head fall against my shoulder. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I wrapped mine around her waist. She pulled me as close as possible.
"I love you madly." She whispered. Kissing my neck gently.
"I love you madly." I said back.
She pulled back to look at me with tears in her eyes. She had never looked so scared. I wiped gently at the bottom of her eyes. Clearing her tears.
"Shh baby. Let's go see Nick?" I asked softly. Alicia nodded and took my hand. I led her inside.

We stopped at the reception desk. They gave us Nick's room number and we found the nearest elevator taking it up to floor 9. Nick's floor. We made our way hand in hand down long hallways, passing busy doctors and nurses until finally we got to Nick's room. The door was closed and Alicia stopped outside of it.
"I'm so nervous." She said pacing around outside of the door.
"Babe, it's going to be okay. I've got you. I'm right here." I said reassuringly.
"Okay. Okay let's do this." Alicia opened the door and stepped inside with me right behind her.
"You decided to show." Her mother said snootily. She rolled her eyes at Alicia.
"Mom can we not do this right now." Alicia said. She sat down across the room from her parents. Nick laid in a hospital bed. Eyes closed. Breathing softly with oxygen tubes up his nose. I awkwardly shifted next to her. Putting my hand on her shoulder.
"So this is her?" Her mom asked motioning toward me.
"Her name is Elyza." Alicia said back angrily.
"And how long have you been a lesbian Alicia?" Her mother said sarcastically.
"Shut up." Alicia said back. I could see her getting angry.
"No really. How'd that work? Did you just wake up and decide to date a girl?" Her mom said in a mocking tone. Alicia's father gripped her mothers hand.
"Honey, maybe we shouldn't do this now." He said softly.
"You're seventeen Alicia. You don't know what you want." Her mom continued.
"Bullshit. I want Elyza. I love Elyza."
"Love? Ha, that's rich." Her mom laughed.
"I do. I love her. I don't know what I am but I know that love who I love. And that happens to be Elyza." Alicia reached up and grabbed my hand. I gently rubbed hers with my thumb.
"Well that's just great. Do you know how this is going to make your dad and I look?" Alicia's mom leaned forward in her chair narrowing her eyes.
"Honey, not now." Her dad said.
"Having a..a gay daughter?!"
"ENOUGH." I yelled. I didn't even realize what I was doing until I did it.
"Your son is fucking lying in front of you dying and you're more worried about how having a daughter who's dating a girl will make your image look?! Take a look at your son! He needs you. Jesus who cares who Alicia dates as long as she's happy." I was fuming. Then I realized what I'd done. I stopped and looked down at Alicia. Her mouth was open and she looked shocked. Her mom was giving me the worst glare in the world. If looks could kill I'd be dead. Finally her dad broke the silence.
"Elyza is right." He said quietly.
"What?" Her mom asked.
"She's right. This is about Nick. Not Alicia."
"This is just too much to process right now. Alicia, I think you should go.." Her mom said softly.
"But Nick..." Alicia said in almost a whisper.
"I'll have your dad call you if anything changes. As of now he's in a coma." Her mom looked down.
"I'll call soon." Her dad said getting up to hug her. He shook my hand.
"Nice to meet you Elyza. Take care of my girl." He said. I nodded. Because I would take care of her. She was my girl too.

---------------------ALICIAS POV------------------------

Elyza and I finally got back out to the hospital parking lot. I was shaking with anger. But I couldn't believe how she'd stood up for me. For Nick.
"Thank you Elyza. I wouldn't have been able to do this without you. Thank you for telling my mom off. Thank you. Just. Thank you." I fell into her softly and felt her arms wrap around me.
"I've got you my love." She said back.
"I'm so pissed at my mom. How can she be so..ignorant?!" I exclaimed pulling away.
"Sometimes people fight what they don't understand. But your dad seems to be okay with it." Elyza said shrugging.
"Yeah, he took it well." I said back.
"Do you wanna go home?" Elyza asked me.
"Yes, but..I'm going to lose my mind. Can we do something fun tonight? After all it is the Fourth of July." I said.
"Sure sure, hey Raven invited me to a party. It's a barbecue type thing at her place. It sounds fun." Elyza asked.
"Yes. Sure lets do it." I said back.
"Okay my love. Well it's not for a few hours so...you seem pretty tense how about we go back to my place and get you relaxed." Elyza winked at me biting her bottom lip.
"Please?" I asked. And with that Elyza had me on her motorcycle driving home..and I think she may have even been going faster then usual.