Chapter 25 ALICIAS POV

•guys I am so sorry I haven't updated in so long!! I've been so busy with school and finishing things up!! Ahh I'm back!•

I'd been sitting in Nick's hospital room everyday for a few hours a day for the past two weeks. Elyza had been amazing. Whenever she wasn't working she was here. She had also started painting a lot more. She'd told me she'd been discouraged with her art but when she met me she started again. I loved her, come to think of it I didn't know if I could do this without her.

Nick hadn't improved much. His vital signs were good but he hadn't moved or woken up at all in the last two weeks. Octavia and Raven had both brought flowers and balloons and tried to comfort me. Mom was out at banquets and gala's like always, still pissed at me. But when I wasn't here dad was. Just then my phone buzzed. I looked down at it.

Elyza: "Hey baby! Still with Nick?"
Me: "yeah, like always just waiting for you to get off work. :/"
Elyza: "I get off in two hours! Come home then...I miss you." She was being such a sap.
Me: "you got it babe. I love you madly."
Elyza: "I love you madly. ;)"

I giggled at Elyza. She was so goofy. I was so lucky. A doctor came into Nick's room and changed the water on his IV.

"How're you doing?" He asked me. He was younger, black hair. His nametag read 'Dr. Monty Green.' He was Nick's main doctor so I'd been seeing him often.

"I'm fine. How is he?" I asked grabbing Nick's hand. It felt so warm but so lifeless. I looked at my brother looking so weak. The oxygen tubes going into his nose. His messy hair.

"There hasn't been much of a change. I'm sorry. But I promise to keep you posted." Dr. Green patted my shoulder reassuringly and strolled out of the room. I laid my head on Nick. This was so unfair. Before Elyza he was all I really had in this world. Not only was he my brother...he was my best fucking friend. I started to softly cry but I pulled myself together. I couldn't breakdown right now. Not again. I wiped my eyes and sat back in my chair taking a deep breath. I needed some air. I got up and kissed Nick on the forehead and walked out of the room.

I took a short walk around the hospital until I realized I was going to lose it. I quickly got outside and started sobbing. I didn't know what to do, so I called Elyza.

"Baby?? What is it? I'm working."
I sniffled and tried to talk. "I-I ne-need you."
"Oh fuck Alicia what's wrong? Where are you?"
"At th-the hospital." I heaved in and cried again.
"Fuck..RAVEN! Can you cover my shift I have to go! Yes! Thank you. Hey baby? Stay put I'm on my way." And with that Elyza hung up.

--------------------ELYZAS POV--------------------------

I ran out of the club as quickly as I could, changing as fast as possible. I got to my bike and immediately started it speeding off. I dodged in and out of traffic. I just needed to be with Alicia. I needed to hold her. I swerved through the cars around me, nearly running several red lights and earning very angry honks. I didn't care. I had a mission. After what seemed like an eternity I got to the hospital. There was my girl. Sitting on a bench looking drained and sad. I stopped my bike and hopped off running to her.

"Alicia, babe." I sat down next to her and she leaned into me. I wrapped my arms around her.
"This is so hard Lyz. What do I do?"
"You do all you can do. You fight. Like Nick. You fight. We never stop fighting. Our fight isn't over." Alicia softly calmed down beneath my arms.
"I'm sorry I called you."

I tilted her chin up pulling away.

"Don't you ever apologize for needing me. You're my first priority." I kissed her softly. Her lips salty from the tears.

"Do you wanna go home?" I asked quietly. She nodded. I pushed her hair behind her ears and wiped her tears.

I brought Alicia to the bike and got us home as quickly as I could. I practically carried her up to my apartment. I laid her in bed. Getting in next to her weak body. Stroking her hair. Kissing her back and neck. It hit me that summer only had a few weeks left. I didn't want this to end. It couldn't. I wanted her to sleep here, with me..every night. She was going to be 18 soon...the legal adult age...

"Alicia?" I asked softly.
"Yeah?" She whispered, turning toward me. Our faces inches apart.
"Do you wanna move in with me?"
"Wait what?" Her eyes lit up and looked nervous at the same time.
"Summer only has about two weeks left..and I don't wanna sleep alone. Do you wanna move in with me? Like officially... Since you basically already do."
"Baby yes. Yes of course." Alicia kissed me quickly and threw her arms around my neck.
"What if your parents...I mean you're not eighteen YET."
"Babe, my mother hates me. Plus they're too busy with Nick. Nobody will care. It's my life." I kissed her back.
"Should we do it tonight?" She asked. This was the first time I'd seen her look happy since Nick.
"Do you wanna?" I asked back eagerly.
"Deadset."