Chapter 19- ALICIAS POV

I sat on my bed waiting for Elyza to get off work. Another three hours? This sucked. I was debating whether or not to take a nap when I heard a motorcycle pull up outside my house. I quickly ran down the stairs and opened the front door. There was Elyza. Taking off her helmet and shaking her hair. I ran to her, down the driveway and hugged her tightly.
"Woah easy." She wrapped her arms around me and squeezed. I felt my eyes getting watery and starting to burn. Then I couldn't stop it and my tears came pouring out.
"Baby what's wrong?" Elyza pulled back with her hands on my shoulders looking right at me.
"It's..Nick." I choked the words out.
"Nick?? Is he okay? Alicia tell me what's going on." Elyza genuinely looked concerned.
"Elyza, I never told you this..but Nick had a really bad drug problem last year. He almost died. And today I found out he's been using again." I was hyperventilating and tears were streaming down my face. I felt so weak and vulnerable.
"Hey, baby. Let's go inside come on." Elyza led me by the hand inside and shut the door behind her. Then she sat down on the couch.
"Alicia. Where is Nick?" Elyza grabbed my hands as I sat next to her.
"He's out with Benji. Partying. Again. Elyza I'm scared. He's my best friend." My tears were gradually slowing down. Elyza was so helpful without even trying.
"I know my love. Did he say where the party was?"
"No..I could call him.."
"Maybe you should. We could go keep an eye on him.." Elyza nodded.
"Okay okay." I pulled my phone out and dialed Nick. The phone rang twice. Three times. Four. Nothing. It went to voicemail.
"He didn't answer." I said softly.
"How long ago did he leave?"
"Maybe a half an hour ago.."
"Do you think he'd go to Benji's before the party? It's only four o clock I don't think the party would start this early."
"He might have actually. I know where Benji lives.." I didn't even finish my sentence when Elyza had stood up.
"Let's get going." She said. She led me outside and we got on her bike. I had a bad feeling about Nick. I hoped we'd get to him in time.

We raced through the city toward the outskirts of it and finally rolled up at Benji's house. He lived with a couple of other guys who had just graduated and I ran to the front door. I pounded on it with no hesitation. Nothing. I knocked again.
"Benji open the fucking door it's Alicia!" Elyza walked up behind me placing her hand on the small of my back. Finally Benji opened the door. Music was playing and the house smelled like smoke. Benji was clearly on something. He had an awful five o clock shadow and he was shirtless in just a pair of grey sweats.
"Alicia? Hey babe what's up?" He was being a cocky douche.
"Where the hell is my brother?" I shoved him by his chest.
"Take it easy babygirl." The way he said that made me cringe.
"I said. Where. The. Fuck. Is. Nick?" I was fuming now.
"Chill out he's inside having a great time. You can go." Benji laughed.
"Like hell I can." I shoved past Benji inside the house. The lights were dim and there were old pizza boxes and bottles of alcohol everywhere.
"Nick?!" I yelled. I walked into the living room. Nobody. I made my way to the kitchen. Nothing. Then the bathroom nobody. Finally I got to Benji's room. I opened the door. There was Nick on the bed passed out. Cold. Pale. His pulse was weak. Benji and Elyza entered the room behind me.

I ran to the bed and put Nick's head in my lap.

"What the fuck did you give him?!" I screamed.
"Calm down he just took some pills I have. And some vodka."
"You fucking idiot he's barely breathing. Elyza call 911."
"Woah woah no way. This isn't legal I'm not going down for this." Benji walked toward Elyza who had her phone out.
"What're you more worried about? Nick's life or you going down for being a dumbass?" Elyza asked.
"Hey bitch I said put the phone down." Benji tried to grab the phone from Elyza. Bad move. Before he knew it she had once again punched him. Right in the face. He fell onto the floor and he was done. She has knocked him out cold. Elyza looked up at me her hand busted open and shrugged. Then she dialed the phone.

Ten minutes later an ambulance pulled up. They took Nick out on a stretcher with an oxygen mask on his face. I sat on the front steps of Benji's house. He was getting stitches in another ambulance. Elyza had fucked him up pretty bad. She held a rag over her bleeding hand. My thoughts were interrupted by a woman's voice.
"Ma'am. Your name? I need your name." It was one of the paramedics from the ambulance. She had long blackish brown hair tied back in a ponytail. Her teeth were perfectly white and her jawline could cut diamonds. Her name tag read Octavia.

"Oh sorry. Alicia Clark." Elyza sat next to me rubbing my back.
"And your brother's name again?" She jotted my name down on a notepad.
"Nick. Nick Clark."
"Has he had a history of drug use?"
"Yes. He relapsed I guess."
"Alright, can we have a parent or guardians number?" Octavia asked.
I gave her my dads cellphone number. As much as I didn't want to see my dad, Nick needed to get clean and I knew my dad would help.
"Thank you Alicia. Best of luck." Octavia said patting me on the shoulder. I turned to face Elyza who sat next to me.
"How's your hand?" I asked kissing her on the cheek.
"Hurts." She shrugged.
"Thank you so much. For being here. For everything." I fell into her letting out a deep breath.
"Anything for you my love." Elyza kissed the top of my head. I watched as Benji got his last stitches put in and then put into a cop car because well, he was under the influence of some heavy drugs and he wasn't the legal age. Just then my phone rang. Dad. I hesitantly picked up.
"Alicia? Where are you? Mom and I are on our way to the hospital. You need to come here." My dad sounded angry.
"We'll be there soon." I said back.
"We?"
"I'm bringing Elyza. I didn't want you to meet my girlfriend like this but you win some you lose some." And with that I hung up the line.
"Babe, let's get to the hospital." I said to Elyza. She stood up and took my face in her hands kissing me on the nose.
"Don't be nervous my love. I've got you."