Parties and Hangovers

Ships
Sqampy
Squicole

(Sqaishey)

I looked across the room. All my friends were partying. I'm usually the party type, but I wasn't in the mood today. I suddenly saw a boy with dark curly hair slowly stepping away from a pair of drunks making out next to him. He didn't seem to be even slightly intoxicated. Why was someone like him here? His glance met mine and he walked over.
"So, Beth is it?" He said.
"Yes, and your Joseph I presume." I said looking up at his chocolate eyes. My friends had talked about Netty's brother before. He nodded.
"So, why are you here?"
"Honestly I have no idea. I think for my friends, but David's making out with Nicole over there. I don't know where Ash went and Tom is extremely intoxicated. How about you?"
"Same reasoning. But for me Nicole's making out with David, I don't know where Netty or Amy went. I think Netty went to the bathroom and is currently throwing up her lunch.
"Yeah. I'm going to drive my friends home before they cause more trouble." Joe sighed. "It's nice to meet you though." I nodded and watched him walk off.
"Wait!" I called out he turned around and I wrote my number on a slip of paper. "Here." I gave it to him. He smiled at the slip and nodded.
Joe huh?

*next day*

(Nicole)

I woke up to the smell of pancakes downstairs. I tried to get up, but fell flat on my face. Then I realized how much my head hurt and I remembered how drunk David and I got. Oh, and that. That meant nothing right. He didn't care about me that much. Just then I heard my door open.
"Nicole?" Beth asked with a hint of amusement in her voice. I groaned in response. "Nicole." She laughed a little and helped me to a standing position.
"Are all the other girls like this?" I asked holding my head.
"Pretty much." Beth responded. I sighed at that remark.
"Do you think David meant it?" I asked.
"Meant what?" Suddenly I saw Beth's phone light up with a text from a person named Joseph. He sent a laughing cat face. She quickly tried to hide it, but I was already smiling. I wasn't sober enough to realize this was the first time she was texted by a boy that was other than her family.
"Beth! You met a boy!" I said happily and she face palmed. She would never live this down.

(Sorry I've been really busy. I just got out of the phase of deciding where I want to spend my High School years. I'm so excited, but also nervous. I also have been having loads of homework so the only chance I get to write really are weekends. I hope I have another one shot ready soon! -Julie)