Time Bomb

Ships
Squicole
Sqampy

(Nicole)

"I won't forget you." David said gently touching my hand.
"Maybe that's for the better." I said softly. I sighed as I shut the door. I saw Beth waiting outside looking at her phone. I opened up the car door and almost like it was a routine, put her phone in her pocket. She turned the car off park and pulled out.
"So how did it go?" She asked trying to break the tension on the way back to our place.
"Depends. We knew we were on a time limit and we made the most of it." I looked at her. She eyed me a bit. "I guess you can call it a draw." Desperate to change the subject off of my uneasiness I spoke again.
"So how about you and Joe?" Her face changed and I could feel the tension in the subject.
"Could be better." She said as she turned the wheel.
"Are you on a time bomb?" I asked replying to some texts.
"A what?" She asked and looked over since we were at a red light.
"You know. When you know your not forever and he's not the one, but you love him anyway because it feels right to you." I said. I had made up this term with Amy in high school.
"I thought, well hoped, we would be. I'm not sure it's going to work out though. The age difference is large and.. Oh I don't know. We have different personalities and like different things, but we-"
"-Fit together like a puzzle?" I said completing her sentence.
"Yes!" I smiled.
"I completely understand." I said. "I hope they last." I thought. We rode in silence the rest of the way home to our shared apartment. I thought back to how David and I first met. When I went to his house that first time it was pouring rain. I was utterly exhausted. I guess I just made up my mind to just see where this chemistry between us took us. I mean. What's the worst thing that could happen when the worst thing that could happen could be the best thing ever? I remembered leaving even though it was now about five minutes ago. I couldn't help it. I didn't want him to fall in love with me, he deserved better. I didn't look back. When something good comes along your better off letting the first time be the last time. But really what's the worst thing that could happen when the worst thing that could happen could be the best thing ever? I knew we weren't forever and he wasn't the one, but I took chances anyway. We didn't make any plans for the future because we assumed it wouldn't last. Sometimes sparks only last a little while. But really, what's the worst thing that can happen in life? I mean, if you don't take a chance a few times in your life, what will you archive? I sighed knowing I wouldn't answer these questions soon. I just looked at my phone hovering over the delete contact button. I scrolled up and kept it. I don't know why, but their must have been something about him. Something that made me want it to last maybe a bit longer.

(Hey guys,
Julie here. Sorry I haven't been active. Technically I have, but I haven't been putting up stuff. I wrote this in August, I just didn't know how to end it. I decided to make it if Nicole and Squid had a month stand. Also quick question for you guys. If I put up stuff from the Hamilton fandom, would you read some of it? Thanks, Julie. )
{By the way, if your looking for a five nights a at Fredy's Fanfic, my friend gaming_fangirl  is writing one. :) }
Until next time, people. (Which might be another 5 months because high school 😑)
Sorry for the inactiveness,
Bye :)