Chapter 19: Tonights the night

Peridot's P.O.V

I walked down the quiet street. The air was cold and fresh, It felt nice. I took a deep breath as I got closer to my destination. Lapis' house. I smiled. Lapis was taking me on a date. Sadly I don't know where, she said it will be a surprise, so I was kinda nervous and excited. I was wearing a black suit, I thought it would it would be nice to wear something fancy.

I knocked on Lapis' door, moments later a tall woman opened it.

Crud... This must be Lapis' mom... Why does she have to see me wearing this?!

"Oh, you must be Peridot. You look so adorable in a suit." I blushed as she turned around. "Lapis this ones a keeper!" She shouted as Lapis came down the stairs. She was wearing a fancy blue dress which looked amazing on her.

"Mom!" She shouted as she stood next to me outside. A cute pink blush on her face.

"Okay now, Lapis you'll be spending the night at Peridots correct?" Lapis nodded, wow they really had this date thing planned. "Okay now let me settle some ground rules. Rule number one, don't drink. Rule number two don't smoke or do drugs. Rule number three Peridots mom wants you home by 10. And lastly no watching porn and no having se-"

"OKAY BYE MOM LOVE YOU BYEEE!" Lapis grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the gate to leave. I looked up at Lapis who was blushing like mad. I let out a nervous laugh.

Shoot... I forgot to tell my mom that Lapis and I are dating... Luckily my dad is out on a business trip. Let's just hope she's as cool as Lapis' mom when it comes to finding out your daughters gay...

"S-so, where are we going?" I asked, Lapis was still holding my hand as we walked down the empty street.

"I am taking you to a fancy restaurant." She said proudly.

"Aw Lapis you shouldn't have." I blushed at the thought of us having dinner, alone, in a restaurant.

"And then after that we go to yours and I stay the night. Sounds cool?"

"Y-yes..." I said nervously. Lapis looked down at me concerned.

"Something wrong?" She asked worriedly.

"... It's just I forgot to tell my mother that I'm dating a girl... And i'm worried she might freak out..." I scratched the back of my neck. Lapis stopped us walking and stood infront of me. She slowly bend down to my level and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry about it, she's your mother she's bound to understand. And even if she does freak out, we can always change plans and go to my house." Lapis leaned forward and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"Now come on or we're going to be late." She grabbed my hand gently as we headed our way towards the town.