Chapter 23: Day 1

Thick blanket? Check.
Pillow? Check.
Phone? Check.
Snacks? Check.
Clothes for 7 days? Check.
Nervous to spend a week in the wild? Check.

Peridot ticked her check list and put her note book down on her kitchen table.

Okay everything is set, now I just have to wait for-

The doorbell rang, stopping Peridot in her thoughts. The blonde walked over to the door and opened it.

"Hey Peri." Smiled Lapis. "You ready to go?" She asked. Peridot nodded, while looking up at her girlfriend. Lapis was wearing some hiking boots, and a blue tracksuit. While carrying a huge backpack. Peridot on the other hand was just wearing her plain green hoodie and leggings with some trainers, nothing special.

"Okay then let's go." Peridot stepped outside with her suitcase in hand. She closed the door, locking it shut tight. "The girls and Steven are waiting for us down the road. Garnet's driving."

"Wait she can drive?"

"Yeah. She got her license early because of her hight." Peridots mouth made an 'o' shape.

"So, why ain't Sapphire and Ruby coming?" Asked the blonde curiously.

"Sapphire didn't want to go, and Ruby wanted to keep her company."

Fair enough.

"Hey, GUYS OVER HERE!" A loud familiar voice called to the two girls. Peridot knew the voice belongs to Amethyst. The girls turned around and walked towards the truck.

"Hey guys." Said Lapis in a cheerful voice.

"Lapis! Peridot! I'm glad to see you both again." Steven walked over to the girls and greeted them with a hug.

"Missed you too Steven." Said Peridot while ruffling his hair.

"Peridog, haven't seen you in like ages." Said Amethyst in her loud voice. Peridot ignored the part where she was called, "Peridog."

"Peridot, nice to see you." Said Pearl in a quiet voice.

"Thanks guys, I missed you too."

"Okay let's go camping!" Shouted Lapis.

*Timeskip*

The truck came to a stop. Soon after the girls and Steven stepped out of the vehicle.

"Ahhh, fresh air." Breathed in Pearl. "Okay guys, I was thinking we set up camp over in that direction, so we can be protected by the trees." She said sounding proud of her idea.

"Oh, I know! How about we set up camp by the water fall? We'll have fresh water, a pool but not a bathroom! We can just go in the bushes. Anyone who pees in the water is going home." Said Steven, the last part was a joke.

"That's a great idea Steven." Said Garnet with a blank expression.

"I still think my idea would of worked too." Pearl mumbled to herself.

They left the car by the entrance of the forest and began walking towards the waterfall. When they had finally reached it they were amazed.

"Wow, it's so, beautiful." Breathed Peridot with a wide smile across her face.

"You can say that again." Said Amethyst. The others nodded in agreement.

"Okay, let's set up camp." Said Pearl excitedly.

*Timeskip*

"Okay all done." Said Pearl while brushing her hands together.

The camp site had three tents. Two huge ones, and one small one. (The small tent belonged to Peridot). Some wood was placed in the middle, for the fire place. A cooler and food was placed outside for now, but would return in a tent before they all go to sleep.

"Why is it only three tents?" Asked Peridot.

"Well, looks like we're going to share." Said Amethyst.

"I choose Garnet!" Shouted Steven. Pearl mumbled something to herself.

"I choose Pearl~" Said Amethyst with a wink, which caused Pearl to get all flustered.

"Looks like I'm with you." Said Lapis, as she tapped her girlfriends shoulder. Peridot gulped.

"Heh, yeah..." She said nervously.

"Okay let's eat, i'm starving!" Yelled Amethyst.

*Timeskip*

"Aw man those sausages are smelling good Garnet." Said Amethyst. The smell of sausages spreading throughout the campsite. They all decided that Garnet would cook since the others would probably burn the food.

"Okay. They're done." She said with a smile.

"Yay dinner time!" Said Steven while grabbing his bun and heading over towards the fire.

"Careful. They're hot." Garnet said after Steven had already picket it up.

"Ow..." He said while dropping it in his bun.

"Nice catch Steven." Said Amethyst while munching on her hot dog.

"These are really good Garnet!" Said Lapis with a mouth full of sausage.

"I told you Garnets the best." Said Steven. Pearl nodded in agreement.

Peridot sat on a log quietly eating her food. She was afraid that the smell of meat might attract the forest animals attention. Especially wolves.

"I know what you're thinking Peridot. And no there are no wolves in this forest." Said Garnet who took a bite of her hot dog.

"How did you know I was thinking about that?"

"Your face shows a lot of expression. But your eyes show more. And right now, they are showing fear." She said after taking another bite of her food.

"Okay I think we should all go to sleep now guys." Said Steven with a big yawn.

*Timeskip*

Garnet and Steven had already gone to bed. Pearl was still cleaning up the camp while Amethyst was getting changed. And as for Lapis and Peridot, they were already in their tent. Lapis was fast asleep, while Peridot was wide awake.

God, why did I bring such a small tent? Thought Peridot. She was literally squeezed next to Lapis. She didn't have enough room because Lapis was streched out.

God damn it Lapis.

Peridot tried to move Lapis' arm over her girlfriends chest. She let out a sigh of relief as she was successful.

Now onto her legs...

Peridot picked Lapis leg up and moved it, giving Peridot just enough room to move over.

Good job me! She thought with a smile.

Peridot lay her head on her pillow, pulled the thick blanket over her and Lapis.

Good night Lapis.

Peridot was about to fall alseep, until her personal space was invaded. Lapis had literally grabbed Peridot and wrapped her arms around her, mistaking her for a pillow. Peridots face turned red and she realised her face was buried in Lapis chest.

DEAR GOD I CAN'T BREATH!

She tried her best to move, only managing to move a little. She could breath but that wasn't the problem anymore.

Ah fuck it, I don't care anymore... But I have to admit she's really comfy...