Chapter 29: Day 6

Peridot's P.O.V

I sat above a cliff with the others. It had been another great day. We were now sitting at the end of a cliff- our legs hanging loose above high ground. The sun setting in the distance. We were all in silent. Who would want to talk when everything felt so peaceful. The air was warm as it touched our skin. The wind brushing ever so lightly through the trees. I sighed a sigh of delight.

I felt a touch on my hand. I gazed up to see Lapis. I smiled. Lapis. My girlfriend. I was so happy to have her. To have my friends. It felt amazing.

I knew soon we'd be leaving school. I knew we'd have to move away. I knew everything was going to be stressful when we graduate school. But right now- everything felt so right. My worries felt as if they were washed away.

A sound popped up. Steven stood inbetween Lapis and Pearl with his ukulele and took a deep breath.

" Life and death and love and birth,
And peace and war on the planet Earth.
Is there anything that's worth more
Than peace and love on the planet Earth
Oh - Whooah, come on and sing it with me... " Steven sang as he played his musicsl instrument.

"Sing?" I said. He expects us to sing?

"The words relate to the key... "He sang again. I gave a soft laugh and played along.

"Key?"

"If it's a pattern, If it's a pattern,
Then just repeat after me...
Life and death and love and birth-"

"Life and death and love and birth-" I sang with him.

"Now you sing mi-fa-mi-mi-fa-mi-ti-la!"

"And peace and war on the planet Earth!" We both sang in unison. He pointed to me so I began to sang my own lyrics, making them up as I go along.

"I guess we're already here,
I guess we already know.
We've all got something to fear,
We've all got nowhere to go.
I think you're all INSANE!
But I guess I am too...
Anybody would be
If they were stuck on Earth with you."

"Hahaha yes!" Lapis and the others laughed at my little out burst.

"Life and death and love and birth and-Steven sang first.

"Life and death and love and birth and-" Then Amethyst.

Peace and war on the planet Earth." Then Pearl.

"Is there anything that's worth more?" Then Garnet.

"Is there anything that's worth more?" Sang Steven in question.

Than peace and love on the planet Earth..." Me and Lapis sang in unison as the song ended. The sun had set now and every was laughing at our little sing-song. I smiled.

Is there anything that's worth more than Peace and Love on the planet earth?