Chapter 20: Date night

Lapis' P.O.V

Peridot and I walked down town. It was much more fun at night. With the stars and lights from shops shining down on darkness.

We reached our destination. The restaurant distant from other shops, I can never pronounce the name since it was in French, making it sound more fancy. Peridot looked up at me with a, "this is the place?!" Look and I nodded with a smile. I intertwined my finger with hers as we entered the restaurant.

A tall woman standing next to the door.

"May I help you?" The woman had a strong French accent.

"My mother made dinner reservations under the name Mrs Lauzli. I'm Lapis Lauzli her daughter."

"Ah oui, so this is the lucky woman next to you." She said pointing towards Peridot. The blonde next to me blushed and squeezed my hand, I could tell this woman was making her uncomfortable. The woman laughed.

"Serveur!" She shouted as a man came out of the "employees only room".

"Escort these beautiful ladies to table 32." She said with a wink. Now I was beginning to feel uncomfortable.

He nodded and signalled us to follow him. He opened the doors and we walked into the huge restaurant. A stage was placed at the back with calm music playing. Plants and beautiful flower decorations on either side of the walls. The left wall had windows so you could see Beach Cities beach as the waves crashed upon dry land. It was amazing. I looked down at Peridot, her eyes were wide, probably thinking how my mother could afford this.

The waiter stopped us at table 32. And walked away. It was a two person table with flowers on it. We were situated next to the glass window, which was probably bullet proof. I was about to sit down until Peridot stopped me.

"Please, allow me." She said pulling out my chair. I laughed and sat down.

"My, what a gentleman." I smiled at her as she made her way to her seat. She gave me a wink and turned to look out the window. I was about to speak but the waiter came back.

"I heard your mother had already choosen the food you'd like to eat?" I nodded.

"And she already paid too?" I nodded again.

"Okay, just checking." He said and walked off again. But two seconds later he returned with our drinks.

"One lemonade for the lady and one coca cola for the gent." Peridot didn't look so happy with him calling her a gent.

"Haha, I'm only joking madame." He said before leaving again. I watched as Peridot eyed him leave, I couldn't help but let out a chuckle.

"S-so Lapis. Let's get to know each other better. That's why we're here right?" I nodded and smiled at my beautiful girlfriend across from me.

*Time skip*

We talked all night while we ate our food. I learnt a lot more about Peridot. Which I'm glad, and hopefully she's learnt more about me. We were outside again, this time walking to Peridots, hand in hand.