Chapter One

A/N: Hate to disappoint anyone, but this is not the Pentatonix sequel, it's a standalone story that's AU. I hope no one's done something like it before because I'm super excited for the idea, I even pitched it to my class as my Manuscript idea for the year, but they fell for my other pitch which was basically Kirstie and the Cobra's. Oh well I'm still writing this one, enjoy :D

Chapter One

Avi Kaplan walked the red carpet as quickly as he could, he never brought a date and he never stopped for pictures, unless his sister, or manager as she was, told him to "Go back, behave and take the god damn picture." So that was a lie, he does take pictures, but not with fans. He loves his fans but he prefers to love the old fashioned way, with an autograph and a hug, the real world way.
     By now his fans knew it, they knew he was a private person, but that didn't stop the occasional girl, or guy from being bold and asking for an elusive selfie with the singer. He'd smile at them and give them a hug if it weren't too difficult, but if he's being honest he rarely actually talked them.
     "Avi! Over here!" he casts a glance at the speaking pap, then in a joking manor ducks behind the nearest person walking the carpet. He only pops out when he reaches the end and gives his sister a big cheesy grin.
     "I'm starting to wonder how you have any fans at all Avriel Kaplan," Esther shakes her head. "And we need to have a chat about your upcoming project the next time we get the chance. But for now let's get inside since you refuse to take any photos," she latches onto his arm, pulling her younger brother through into the big glitzy hall.
     "I don't refuse, I opt out, if people want to see me they can see me live okay," he shrugs, pulling arm back and walking along beside her.
     "Opt out? Refuse? Avi it's the same thing."
     "Does it matter though? Me taking photos, or you know, not. Isn't hindering my career in the slightest, in fact everyone is more interested because of it. I'm this mysterious guy that everyone wants to know more about, do you have any idea how cool this is?"
     "It's not cool when I try and promote you to everyone with just your hey it's the bearded guy routine," she shakes her head. "As well as the whole no date thing, do you know how lame it is to bring your sister each and every time?" she stops, trying to face him and make him stop in his path.
     He breaks into a warm smile, "But Es, you love it. You are the single reason I am where I am, the music is the music, but you deal well with what little I give you to go on, you get me gigs and make sure nothing goes wrong. You are the best manager, publicist person on the planet."
     "Okay fine, but we are gonna have to have the twitter talk at some point," she points her phone at him.
     "Yeah, I'm as opposed to that as I am to the instantgram, bookface and timbler," he nods once and walks into the final rom with Esther behind him.
     "There are so many things wrong with that sentence," she sighs, dropping her head into her hands before she follows behind him.

****

"KIRSTIN! KIRSTIE! KIRSTIN! MISS MALDONADO! HERE! NO HERE! KIRSITE!
     With her beaming grin from ear to ear Kirstie had a hand on hip giving each camera its own turn, only moving along as the next person walks up and the paparazzi stop calling for her attention. She takes a picture with every fan along the way that asks. She even takes a couple of her own to post to Instagram as soon as she possibly can. She actually posts one then and there when she reaches the end of the carpet. Then tweets, before she strolls into the grand hall in her stiletto heels and sexy dress that'd she'd picked only hours ago due the votes of her fans on her many accounts.
     Her phone buzzes and blurps and chirps as she enters the final hall, making her way over to the table she's directed to.
     As she steps up to the table, the man she moves to sit beside jumps up quickly to pull out her chair before she can and gestures for her to sit, and with a smile she does so.
     He sits back down in his own seat and she turns to him, "See this is why I like sitting with you Mr Recluse," she jokes.
     "And I you Miss Mogul."
     "Mogul? That's a new one," she laughs.
     "Well I do try and keep them creative and different each time we meet."
     "Then I look forward to the next one since we're gonna be spending a lot more time together," she smiles almost deviously.
     He reels back in surprise, "Sorry what?"
     Kirstie's face drops, "What do you mean what?"
     The lady beside the man taps his hand to get his attention, "She's the project, Avi, Kev wants you and her to do a collaboration for the label."
     "Ohhh," Avi nods at his sister then turns an apologetic smile on Kirstie, "Sorry, that's the first I've heard about it, I didn't mean to look so shocked, I'm really looking forward to working with you Kirstin."
     Her smile grows as she looks down before back at the man in front of her and speaks up. "Call me Kirstie."

A/N: I know it's not that long, but it's a taster for what's to come, I hope you all enjoy it because like I said before I love this idea and can't wait to see where it takes me :)