Chapter Twenty-One

Kirstie sits on her couch with her knees drawn up to her chest. Her phone is on the coffee table, unable to go to sleep because the notifications are coming in that fast, non-stop. And she can't tear her eyes away. She doesn't care about what his fans are saying about her, she knows people think she's an idiot. What she does care about is what her fans are saying about Avi. It makes her want to cry, it makes her want to do something, but she knows Avi would want her to keep quiet about it.
     The worst thing is that Avi probably has no idea that any of this is even going on. It is the worst thing because she will have to tell him if he asks, and she doesn't want to tell him about any of the horrible things her so-called-fans are saying. She just can't understand how her 'fans' can do this to her, if they love her as much as they claim they do then shouldn't they want her to be happy? And at this moment Avi is making her so damn happy. Anyone would think they hadn't seen her blog post about dating a celebrity, she couldn't even remember though if Mitch had tweeted about it like had been her ingenious plan. She doesn't do anything about it though because she doesn't want Avi to find out and be mad at her.
     Her phone keeps on buzzing, keeps on lighting up, it's enough to drive her mental. She likes to see her notifications on a normal day, and usually she can deal with the negative shit but this is different. She cares way too much about Avi, way, way too much. She needs to figure out a way to tell her fans that in a way that Avi will appreciate. Social Media is entirely off the table, with no ideas she releases her knees and slumps back against the sofa. Kirstie looks around her semi-messy lounge room, her eyes land on the notebook she took camping with her, she'd ended up with nothing in there. Then it hits her, she's going to put something in there, she's going to write a song right now.
     She launches for the notebook and scrambles for a pen, sitting cross-legged on the floor she starts to scribble. She mentions that she's met a guy, but no one needs to know, and her heart's set, but no one needs to know. She might be stupid, but no one needs to know right now, she adds in she wants a big wedding and a family but no one needs to know: not even him.
     The words just flow and now she knows exactly what Avi is talking about when he talks about inspiration and just writing, it doesn't even matter if it's no good, he could help her make it good.
     Kirstie stops writing with a grin plastered to her face. Avi needs to see this ASAP, she is just too proud of it to wait. She sends him a text:
     'Get over here now!!!'
     Ten seconds later she decides he's taking too long to respond, it is Avi after all, so she calls him. He doesn't pick up the first time, or the second, or the third. She decides to try a fourth time, and lucky she does because he picks up.
     She speaks before he can, "Come over now! I've got something exciting to show you!"
     "Hello Kirstin."
     "Oh is this Esther?" She asks, she's pretty sure it is, at least she's hopeful it is.
     "Yes it is."
     "Where's Avi?"
     "In the shower."
     "Well when he gets out could you give him the message?"
     "I guess so."
     "Thank you so much Esther, bye," she smiles into the phone. She hangs up then looks over her song lyrics again and again.
     And again.
     And again.
     And again.
     And then she starts to get upset.
     And then she looks over the lyrics again.
     And then she starts to cry.
     It's been almost four hours since she made the call. She's hungry, it's dark, she's crying and Avi's not coming.
     And being upset, she decides to do what she always does when she's upset, tweet.

t@kirstin: "When people let you down #men"

And in tears she turns to Instagram, posting on her story so that it'll go away in 24 hours. She pulls Tyrion close to her and rests her note book on her legs. She knows the words by heart now but she doesn't want to make eye contact with the camera on her phone. She starts to sing her lyrics in a tune that fits:

'Am I dreamin' or stupid?

I think I've been hit by CupidBut no one needs to know right now'

And in the next video:

'I met a tall dark and handsome man

And I've been busy making big plansBut no one needs to know right now'

And the third:

'I got my heart set and my feet wet

And he don't even know yetBut no one needs to know right now'

To Kirstie this felt like it'd hurt him most, being the last one to see her lyrics.
That'd teach him.

A/N: Well that took a turn... ;)

Hannah

PS: I'm not a songwriter, those lyrics are from Shania Twain's 'No One Needs To Know' the song is just too perfect for this story :)