Chapter Seventeen

A/N: So this one's for katekaplan101 since she was the only one who got all the questions on the 'Pentatonix' quiz correct, well done Katie I hope you enjoy this chapter :)

Chapter 17:

Kirstie and Avi sit on the end of the bed in the cabin. They are waiting in silence for Kirstie to make up her mind about whether or not they should go on the hike Avi had suggested for the gorgeous views at the top. She has piled her hair on top of her head and has pulled on one of Avi's plaid shirts because she couldn't be bothered finding hers again before she sat down next to him.
     And now he is just waiting, awkwardly, constantly adjusting his snapback. She's hardly talked to him since they'd come back inside, is she mad at him? If she is it wouldn't be fair, the snake showing up wasn't his fault, how could it possibly be?
     "Kirstie?" he speaks up.
     She holds up a hand, so he shuts up, he really didn't want to annoy her.
     "Will there be any snakes up there?" she asks.
     "There probably will be."
     She groans.
     "That doesn't mean we'll see any," he half turns in his spot to hopefully stop her from freaking out before she starts.
     "If I see another snake Avi then so help me- no, so help you, so help you Avi," she jabs his shoulder.
     "How can I help it if you see a snake?"
     "You brought me camping, any snake I see is on your head."
     "I brought you camping because it's relaxing and should help you chill out enough to some songs out of you. And for fun," he adds with a smile.
     "I'm not having any fun so far," she sighs dropping back onto the bed.
     Avi smirks, "I could fix that right now."
     "What's that look Avi Kaplan?" her eyebrow rises as she looks up at him.
     He twists on the bed, lowering himself to hover over her, smirk still in place.
     She bites her lip, "I see Mr Kaplan, I see," she giggles, running her hands down his arms.
     He leans in, pressing his lips to hers and she eagerly kisses him back, wrapping her arms around him. She pulls him closer, flush against her so she can wrap her legs around him. But now she can't unbutton his shirt so she whines a little against their kiss.
     Avi pulls back just a little to chuckle and to smile down at her. He duck down to kiss along her neck, she tips her head back to give him better access. Kirstie shoves her hands between their bodies that were pressed together; she wanted the buttons undone and his shirt off. She gets two undone before he helps her and lifts himself up a little, moving his lips back to hers, their kisses becoming more frantic and rushed.
     When she finally gets his shirt where she wants it, on the floor, she moves her hands to his hair, trying to pull the hair-tie out.
     "Ow," he laughs, reaching back to pull it out himself in the way that doesn't hurt. She runs her hands through his hair, down his sides and coming to a rest on his belt. His hands trail her body, taking in her curves, her soft skin, he slides a hand under her back to take an attempt at the ties on her bikini top. So her hands slide around to the buckle, then his button, his zipper. But he couldn't get the knot.
     They pull away from their kiss for a moment full of laughter. Kirstie pushes Avi aside so she can sit up to get the knots undone herself.
     "Condom?" she asks a little out breath as she continues to remove all her clothes.
     Avi all but dives off the bed with his jeans falling to his knees, tripping him up. He hits the ground with a bang but still shuffles onwards to his bag and kicking his jeans off on the way.
     "You okay?" Kirstie giggles, throwing her clothes off the bed in his general direction.
     "Yeah," he answers shortly, digging through his bag.
     "Then hurry!" She whines, repetitively tapping the bed.
     Avi moves to look in his backpack, panic setting in. "I can't find them."
     "You better be fucking kidding! You did bring them right? Like you didn't we'd come up here, just us, and not have sex!"
     "I put them in my bag, I know I did," he continues his desperate search.
     "Avi!" she complains, "I'm naked right now!"
     "Kirstie you have no idea how aware of that I am," he calmly states as he starts to empty out the contents of his bag.
     "There!" she screams, pointing as she pops up onto her knees.
     "Ha ha, yes!" he cheers snatching the box from the ground. He jumps up with the box triumphantly up in the air.
     "What are you waiting for? Get the boxers off and get on me!"
     And so he does.

###

Kirstie continued to look around her as she tucked her knees up on the log she was sat on. She was looking for snakes, and so far so good, she hadn't seen any.
     Avi was lighting a fire and they were both hoping that it would keep any snakes away. To be honest they just needed to stop freaking out over the snakes and have a good time. Kind of like they did that afternoon.
     Avi scrunches up some newspaper and dry leaves, loosely, placing it in the middle of the pit that was there for fires. Then he stands the kindling up around it in a tepee shape and puts some twigs and stick in the little gaps at the bottom. He gets a match and strikes in then places it in next to the newspaper which quickly catches fire. He strikes another match and put it in the other side just as a precaution. It was working, the newspaper caught the leaves and the twigs, they were burning strong so it was only a matter of moments before the kindling would catch and he can add real wood to the fire.
     "Oooooo," Kirstie choruses as the whole thing comes to life.
     Avi puts the thick pieces of wood into the flames, careful not to smother anything then steps back to take a seat next to Kirstie. She instantly cuddles into his side, it was cold out and she just couldn't wait for the fire to warm her.
     "How can I play guitar with you attached to my arm?" he asks with a laugh.
     "Don't just yet, let me warm up. We could just chat?" she suggests.
     "What do you want to talk about?"
     "How about you tell me how you and Kevin met."
     He nods, "Alright. We met in high school, we were locker neighbours, but we didn't realise it until about day three when our paths first crossed. He slammed my locker door on my hand with his cello case. It was an accident I know, but I still have a scar to prove it happened," Avi holds his right hand up, outstretched. "Just above my ring," he drops his hand to his lap. "So that's how we met and we basically became best friends on the way to the nurses office because he reckoned I needed stitches and he was right, hence scar," he chuckles and Kirstie smiles.
     "That's an interesting story," she adds, realising she was a little more tired than she'd first thought. This afternoon had really worn her out, and she'd tried to make fun of him when he said he wasn't up for a fourth round. "Play something for me Avi."
     "What do you want me to play?" he asks reaching out for his guitar.
     "Anything, I just want to hear your voice, I love your voice," she smiles drowsily.
     "How about I give you a super-secret sneak-peak of something I wrote very recently. It doesn't even have a name yet, maybe you could name it for me?" he asks with a smile.
     She smiles back, nodding, adjusting herself so she could still cuddle against him as he played.
     "Rock and roll," he says before he starts softly plucking the strings.

     "It's a place where we used to go
     with arrowheads and an eagle
     Winter sky painted indigo
     Where we all go roamin' in the sage and stone."

Kirstie smiles, her eyes closing as she listened to his calming voice. Unable to stay awake she knows she'll name it 'Sage and Stone.' He'd like that.

A/N: Writing smut is hard and so it didn't happen, it took me forever to get through what I wrote, so sorry for that, and sorry for the delay in chapter all round Katie. But I hope you all like it done the less :)

Hannah :)