Chapter Twenty-Two

A/N: Ask and you shall receive dragongirl710 :D

Chapter 22

Avi walks into KO Studios, a few people turn to look at him but that isn't out of the norm, so he doesn't react. He has another new song to show Kevin, and it's possibly the one he's most excited about yet, it's called 'Sweet Adeline' because 'Sweet Kirstin' would have been too obvious and he can't have that. But speaking of Kirstin, he hasn't heard from her in what is too long from Kirstie of all people. But he brushes it off as he walks into Kevin's office, he doesn't knock, if Kevin's in here he'll be alone.
     "What did you do to Kirstie?"
     Avi is taken a-back, confused and slowly asks, "What?"
      "I'm actually starting to get really sick and tired of your aversion to social media. I understand that you don't want to be on there but there's nothing wrong with taking a look every now and then, you don't need an account to do that," Kevin is stressing, Avi can see it.
     "I still don't know what you mean about Kirstie," Avi says, placing his helmet down on the sofa. "What happened to her?"
     "That's what I'm asking you! Her last tweet, was yesterday, don't even get me started on how weird that is. But it was about people letting her down, specifically men," Kevin speaks as he flicks through his phone to get to the evidence. He shows Avi.
      "If I did something then I don't know what, I haven't even heard from her in like two days," the bearded man speaks with confusion.
     "Then I guess you haven't heard that she's written a song?"
     Avi's eyebrows shoot up, "Say what? She showed you her song but not me?" He asks, his voice almost cracking with hurt.
     Kevin speaks more sympathetically, he knows his best friend well enough to know that Avi wouldn't have done anything to purposely hurt Kirstie. "Avi she's shown everyone before you. It was on her Instagram story. I, along with all her fans saw it there," he says.
     "Then show me now!" Avi gets louder, shuffling around Kevin's desk, Kevin has the phone, Kevin has to show him.
     "I can't, it was on her Instagram story-"
     "So then show me, I can look on your account, show me."
     "If you'll let me finish Avi, I was going to explain an Instagram story to you." He waits a moment to make sure Avi isn't going to cut him off again. "An Instagram story is not exactly the same as Instagram, the pictures automatically get deleted after they've been up for 24 hours."
     "Why didn't you screenshot the lyrics then? You're her producer," Avi speaks on the verge of tears.
     Kevin shakes his head, "It was more a set of videos of her tearfully singing it," he chooses to ignore how surprised he is that Avi knows what a screenshot is because he can see that his best friend is hurting.
     "Was it a sad song?" Avi asks, trying his best to hold back tears.
     "Her tone was sad, but the words weren't, I think she wrote them happy but sang them after she got upset," Kevin speaks as he tries to figure out the situation.
     Avi keeps his head down.
     "It was definitely a love song. She didn't sing all of it, I don't even know if she has all of it written yet." He looks at Avi, who doesn't look up, so he keeps going. "A love song Avi, literally about no one needing to know. She's met a man, but no one needs to know, it has to be you, has to."
     "You really think so?" he asks quietly.
      Kevin nods, "Avi, you hate people knowing about your private life, so she's met a guy: but no one needs to know. I think that's very clever on her part."
     Avi agrees, "It is. But still, why did she do it like this? I thought she'd show me first, I've been encouraging her to write and she kept saying I'd have to fix whatever she came up with because it would be shit. Not that I thought that at all," he runs a hand down his face. "What did I do to her?"
     Kevin shrugs, "Did you not answer a call or text or something? You know you forget to check your phone a lot, and you also know how Kirstie can blow little things out of proportion, tweet first, think later."
     "I haven't had any missed calls or texts or anything. I told you that, I told you that I haven't heard from her in two days," Avi pulls out his phone to double check, then triple check. "No missed calls, no texts, no messages, nothing," he throws his phone onto the couch with his helmet.
     "Well have you tried calling her?" Kevin asks, watching the phone narrowly miss the helmet.
     "No, she normally calls me."
     "Maybe that's what's upsetting her?" Kevin suggests.
     "But how is that letting her down, like the tweet said?" He stops to think, "Her best friend is a guy, Mitch, so what if it was him that let her down?"
      "Then what does the song have to do with anything? She's not all upset and singing about her gay best friend is she?"
     "Well I wouldn't know, I didn't see it!" He gets a little louder, a little angrier. "What the hell did I do then?"
     "Calm down okay, we're both smart men, we can figure this out yeah?"
Avi nods.
     "Good, good," Kevin nods too. "So she was fine when you dropped her off after the trip?"
     "Yes."
     "Elaborate," Kevin points at him.
     Avi frowns as he speaks, why does he have to elaborate? "Um, well, she was all smiles, I was all smiles, well until I got home and Esther killed my buzz. And I haven't heard from her since, and in hindsight I should have tried to contact her," he offers. "But maybe has anything else has happened on Twitter or whatever that I don't know about?"
     "Actually yeah, there's been a photo, her and a fan out in the mountains, Kirstie in a bikini and you're off in the background, shirtless. Fans have been going mental."
     "Positively or negatively mental?"
     "A bit of both, but mostly negative, unfortunately. Her fans don't like you and your fans don't like her, it's a horrible little circle," Kevin sighs, spinning his snapback around so it's back to front.
     "I knew about the picture, but not the backlash, what if she's mad because she's facing the shit herself, because I don't have social media," he plays with the band on his wrist that he doesn't even remember how he got, just that he always wears it.
     "But if she really knows you then she knows that that isn't going to change anytime soon. I personally don't think it bothers her that you're not online. The tweet brings me back to the thought that you forgot to do something."
     "But I am so sure that I didn't," Avi argues.
     "And I know that you're not really the forgetful type, but I can't get off this. What were you doing Tuesday night?"
     Avi shrugs, "Nothing, well writing, shilling with Esther until I got too mad at her and went to have a shower to cool off."
      Kevin's eyes narrow, "Why were you mad at Esther?"
      "Oh, the usual snarky comments about my girlfriend," he rolls his eyes.
     "And where was your phone when this happened?" Kevin asks, he is sure he's figured it out, but he needs Avi to reach the same conclusion himself.
     "Charging in the kitchen, maybe," he shrugs.
     "And the kitchen's by the lounge, where Esther was right?" he coaxes. "She could have heard you phone ringing?"
     Avi nods, "Probably."
     "And she knows your passcode too?" This is beginning to get frustrating for Kevin.
Avi's eyes widen. "Kevin, I'm going to buy Kirstin a ring." He turns and runs from the room.
     Kevin nods before he finally registers what Avi has just said. "No, Avi!" He runs after him, "Avi you don't go and propose to someone as a form of apology because your sisters a bitch!"
     Avi turns out of the building and Kevin chases him.

A/N: Oooo, what do you guys think will happen next?

Hannah :)