Chapter Thirty

A/N: I felt like this took forever to type up and then realised when I finished that it's not even 800 words :/ Formatting just takes forever... none the less I hope you enjoy this chapter :)

"I love you all and appreciate you your coming out here tonight. But I perform to people not phones, so I'd kindly appreciate it if all of them were turned off and put away. We're here for the music are we not? So let's immerse ourselves in a couple of hours of what I hope is good quality music," Avi smiles at the full theatre he's playing.
     Avi pulls his smile back as he waits, and he still waits. He fixes his gaze on a small group of what he's sure are teenagers. "Come on guys, I asked nicely, don't think I can't see you because I have the best view," he gestures over his audience and gives them about another twenty seconds, he watches them, they watch him. "But I guess it's cool," he reaches back and puts his guitar on its stand and pulls his stool towards him. "I'll wait."
     A couple of boo's rang out, a few complaints about him, some about the phones, positive and negative.
     "Boo!"
     "Just sing!"
     "Ignore them!"
     "I paid for this!"
     "Put your phones away!"
     "Sing asshole!"

###

T@clexa4ever: "I went to my first Avi Kaplan concert last night. He was really good once he actually started singing"

TReply@mickey240: "So you actually went in the end @clexa4ever? Awesome :)"

TReply@clexa4ever: "@mickey240 yeah, cheap tickets so why not? :)"

TReply@mickey240: "@clexa4ever I would have gone too :("

TReply@clexa4ever: "@mickey240 lol! He was good but it was annoying that he had to wait until everyone put their phones away :/"

TReply@TLOUEllie: "@mickey240 @clexa4ever they should have just done it, he always asks people to put their phones away"

TReply@clexa4ever: "@TLOUEllie so I've heard"

T@beckalucas002: "They couldn't pay me to go watch Avi Kaplan perform again #wasteoftime"

TReply@kaitlyn_Lee24: "Ooo burn XD @beckalucas002"

T@music_hoe: "This just in: Avi Kaplan is an a**hole!!"

TReply@kirstan_taylor: "Fact @Kirstin can do better"

TReply@kirstan101: "Why did she try and make us go to his shows?"

TReplywaffles_r_us: "@kirstan101 she didn't 'make' us, she just made a recommendation, no big deal"

I@sansakaplan: '...photo of Avi's speech as text...' "Please respect an artist's wishes"

IReply@Tra5hpile: "How about he actually do his job and earn our respect"

Comments on this post have been disabled.

###

Living the Avi life just isn't cutting it for Kirstie. She doesn't understand how he does it, how can he just not use his phone? Kirstie needs a new phone ASAP! She'd check on her laptop but it's not the same, it's not nearly as convenient. She's only at home today because Kevin's not at the studio, so why would she be? There's not much left to do on the album at this point, not that she could do anything on her own anyway. She needs a new phone, pacing the house with Tyrion and Sansa isn't as chill as it was an hour ago.
     Sure she can just buy a new phone online seeing as she's not going out today, but to buy a phone you need to see it even though Kirstie knows exactly which phone she'll be getting. She stops dead, why doesn't she just order it online? It'll be here by tonight!
     Mumbling to herself she storms back into the lounge, she's left the TV on, but she's just here for the laptop.
     "Duh na-na-na na-na na-na," she sings along to the 'Entertainment Tonight' theme song as she tracks down the latest i-phone, easy.
     "In further news Brad and Angelina-"
     Kirstie is louder than the TV, "Team Brad!" She doesn't brother looking up, it'll be about their kids yet again, so she tunes it out. She puts in her details and clicks 'buy.' "Woo!"
     "And Avi Kaplan has made headlines..."
     Kirstie's head snaps up and sure enough her boyfriend's face is on the screen behind Keltie Knight. "Shit," she dives for the remote to turn it up, her laptop goes one way and she goes the other.
     "...When he decided to sit and wait for his audience to put their phones away."
     Kirstie laughs, covering her mouth as a clip of Avi (that has clearly been filmed on one of those phones he's waiting for to be put away) plays.
     "But I guess it's cool... I'll wait," his words make her laugh harder, especially as he sits on his stool.
     "Oh I have to record this," she cackles, hits record then watches Keltie talk of his fans disappointment, disapproval and social media backlash, that made any trace of a smile or laughter disappear.
     She knows this is because of her.
     "Fuck."

A/N: I spent the most time trying to make sure I got the Entertainment Tonight Theme right and I still think I got it wrong XD

How do you guys think Avi will react to this new situation he's found himself in? And what about Kirstie, what do you think she'll do?

Please vote and comment, it makes my day :)

Hannah.