Chapter Forty-One

Kirstie knocks loudly on the large door and waits, she's patient, she knows she's going to have to be today because she's decided she's ready to be the bigger person.
     After what felt like an eternity to Kirstie the door finally opens for Mitch's nose to be upturned as he regards her.
     "Kirstin."
     "Mitchel."
     "To what do I owe the pleasure?" His eyebrow is coy.
     "I don't want to fight anymore, I miss you and I have a proposition for you."
     His gaze levels out as he takes her words in, "Go on."
     "I make my tour announcement with the release of my album."
     "Next week, yes I'm aware," he speaks of the album release date.
     "Be my opening act?"
     He does everything he can to hide his surprise, and excitement at the idea, he doesn't want to seem too eager. "Is this pity or did you already ask Avi and he said no?"
     She sighs, "Mitch, it's not like that. I don't pity you, you're an amazing singer in your own right and you don't need my help, but us being on tour together would be so much fun, I miss my best friend Mitchie!"
     A smile starts to appear on his face, but he can't let it fully form. "And Avi?"
     "It's not about him-"
     "Sweetie I know it's not about him but you avoiding the question is making me suss."
     "I never asked him to be my opening act or anything like that, but I want him to come with me, and I asked him to come but I don't think he wants to," she shrugs. "He said he'll think about it."
     "Oh that's never promising," Mitch sympathises. "If it's any consolation, I watched your live the other day, you two are so fucking cute it makes me sick," he smirks.
     Kirstie breaks into a smile.
     "Just getting that little glimpse of him, I can kinda see why you like him."
     "That makes me really happy Mitch."
     He smiles, "So I do hope you can convince him to go on the tour, I'd like to get to know him."
     Kirstie's jaw drops but it just makes her smile bigger, "You'll be my opening act?"
     "Duh," he scoffs out.
     She squeals and pulls him into a hug.
     He squeezes her back, "Just for the love of God buy him a new phone. I do not want to be forced to lay my eyes on that dinosaur Kirstin."
     She nods as she pulls back, "Working on it."

...

Avi stands in the hallway waiting for the bathroom that Kirstie is occupying. He could go to the bathroom downstairs but his toothbrush is in this one, not to mention it sounds like Kirstie is being sick, so he wants to see if she's alright.
     A couple of minutes later the running tap stops and the door opens. Kirstie does look a little pale, and clammy.
     "Did you eat too much?" Avi asks, remembering back to their first date and two other occasions since.
     She shakes her head, "I've been puking all day, it's either a stomach bug or I ate something off last night."
     "Well you had lamb at the restaurant so it's more likely that it's a stomach bug," Avi points out, wrapping an arm around her as she leans on him.
     "But it's my birthday tomorrow," she whines into him.
     "And these things are usually 24 hour so don't worry," he tries to assure her.
     She just groans and doesn't let go of him.
     "You'll be fine," he gently rubs her back.
     "Maybe, but what if you catch it too?" She feels too lazy to move right now.
     He shrugs. "If I get it I get it, you've probably already passed it onto me so now we wait. You just get into bed, I'm gonna get ready for bed too then I'll get you some water okay?"
     "Okay," she mumbles, shuffling into their room.
     Avi watches after her before entering the bathroom. With a sigh he starts to re-think his plan for tomorrow. He wonders if he should wait and see how he is, but then that can only end in suspicion while he makes her wait up here while he sets everything up down there. And then there's the issue of the note trail he wants to leave, what if she wakes up in the middle of the night to chuck?
     He takes his time in the shower to think it over, until he remembers that he told Kirstie he'd get her water. It's promising though that she didn't rush into the bathroom while he's been in there, maybe she's asleep?
     Avi enters the bedroom with a glass of water and Kirstie is asleep. He even manages to get into the room without letting Tyrion and Sansa in or spilling a single drop of water. But because she's asleep he decides to go ahead and set up his plan.
     First things first, he has to put the dogs in their crates lest they cause havoc on his setup.
This is going to be tough.

A/N: I can't think of a question for this one, too much crap going through my head at the moment, only reason I'm updating is because I typed this up while I was away before all the shitty stuff started happening :P

None the less I hope you like the chapter, please vote and comment, it makes my day and I kinda need it right now, lol :P

Hannah.