Chapter 2

A/N: This is called in the nick of time like right before midnight, because I only just started reading Kirstie's blog (yep, I know I'm way behind, but oh well) and it distracted me, but here ya go anyways, enjoy :D

Chapter Two

@ESTArose: "So proud of my baby bro #hegothisgrammy #avineedsatwitter"

@KOlusola: "When that bearded guy from my label gets a Grammy, well it's a good day #avineedsatwitter"

@kirstin_taylor: "I got to sit next to a GRAMMY winner tonight!! #avineedsatwitter"

@kirstin_taylor: "Congrats Avi Kaplan, I'm looking forward to working with you #avikgrammywinner #avineedsatwitter

TRENDING - #avineedsatwitter

" Avi Kaplan won a Grammy and yet he doesn't have Instagram or Twitter or anything???"

Esther slides her laptop in front of her brother.
With a sigh, he places his guitar down beside him and runs a hand through his long hair as he leans forward to look at the screen. Reading the article title he immediately leans back with a roll of his eyes.
     "Goes to show doesn't it? I'm doing things the old fashioned way. I'm making my way with my merit, not how many chirps I post."
      "Tweets," she corrects him.
      "Same-same," he shrugs as he picks up his guitar again.
      "Right," she nods once and picks up her laptop, closing the windows she had open before closing it. "So you're supposed to meet Kirstin at the studio today right?"
       "I thought that was tomorrow?" he slowly turns to face his sister.
     "No, I put it in your pho... did you forget your password again?" this would be the fourth time this week, out of the five times he'd touched his phone, it's Sunday, and that's since Monday. "This is why I'm going to make the code mom's birthday okay!" Esther storms over to the couch and slides her hand between the couch cushions and comes up with Avi's pristine condition: i-phone 6.
     Avi smiles across at her, "Oh, so that's where it is."
     She turns the phone over in her hands, "That's where it always is, stop hiding it there! I don't even understand how it still looks this good? I know you don't use it, but you certainly drop it."
Avi continues to pluck the strings on his guitar as he spoke to his sister, "People that drop their phones, person one's life is on their phone: it breaks, person two doesn't care about their phone: it never goes away." He pulls a super-frown as she places the phone in it's simple black case beside him on the table.
      He got his first phone in high school, he would have been in his second year, a sophomore. It was a brick, and he still had that same one until the end of his time there. As a graduation gift this parents bought him an upgraded phone, one with all the buttons. That had been a waste because he'd "unintentionally" given that one away in the toilets one time. Then he just went without until Kevin bought him that i-phone 6 for his birthday when they came out. That was at least five years ago now that he received it, and not a scratch, not even when it's shoved between couch cushions, dropped between his hand and his back pocket, left outside when he'd gone to bed. It's not that he didn't appreciate the gift, more so that he forgot he even had it because he never used it. Sure he'd occasionally text or call his family or Kevin, mostly Esther of course. But there was also still the landline and that was just as good as any fancy touch-screen phone.
     He slowly reaches out to pick up the phone as Esther left the room, placing his guitar down once more, he picks up the black, practically foreign object. Holding it in one hand he slides his thumb down the side until it reaches the bottom then he jabs the home button to light up the screen to a picture of his family. Sliding to unlock, he has to think for a few seconds about the password, it was supposed to be something easy for him to remember, like the date he released his first album because his birthday would have been too obvious. He types in the code and it unlocks to a pictures of an elaborate fire breathing dragon, that was one thing he knew how to do on here, find a dragon and make it his screensaver, in fact that had been the first thing he'd done.
     He places the phone back down in front of him and just stares at it, there were a bunch of apps on there that he'd never opened, you know the ones that come with the phone and take up a lot of space, not that Avi in particular needed that space.
      It's a full two minutes until he picks up his phone once more and slowly opens the google app then starts to type 'Kirstin Maldonado' sue him, he was curious. The first thing that came up was 'Kirstin Maldonado, Artist' and he couldn't help but smile just a little at that. Then it was the basics, a little bit of info on her, her birthday and age and picture, what she was famous for, some of her songs then Profiles: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter. What he didn't get was why her albums came after that if her songs were above, those two generally come hand in hand, and yet they thought it more important to put her social media sites ahead.
     After getting past all the social media and links to what she wore the Grammy's and 'Steal Kirstin's Style!' Some of the links even misspelled it as Kristen. Avi finally came across something that he thought might be worth looking at, her blog. Right then and there he decided that he was going to read the whole thing.
      He came to the realisation that she was not just some pop princess, and that he was really looking forward to working with her more than ever, and he really, really wanted to get to know the real her, not the persona.

A/N: So that went a to a different place, I intended for more comedy :P But by the end I was doing a lot of thinking haha.
      I hope you guys liked it, and this is how it goes now, updates on this story every Saturday, and the occasional one in-between since I'll have to be writing this one for class too, more motivation, yay lol :)