Chapter Four

A/N: I know, a little late but you guys still got it :D

Chapter Four

"You know your whole bearded guy thing?"
     "What thing?"
     "How you're all like, hey I'm that bearded guy that no one knows anything about!"
     "I am not like that, but what anyway?"
     "Yes you are, and you know it's not even different anymore, like every second guy has a beard."
      "Well mine is special," he says as he strokes his chin.
      "Really? How?"
     "It's the dragon beard," he smirks.
     "Oh you're kidding, what does that even mean?"
     "Wouldn't you like to know."
     "I would, does it mean it can breathe fire?"
     "Whoa, hold your horses Kirst, it's only six years old, we've got many years before I can train it to breath fire." He pauses as Kirstie laughs, "But wouldn't that be so awesome?"
     "No! No one would want to kiss you for fear of your beard breathing fire!" she speaks through her laughter.
    Kevin walks into the room, standing by the doorway as he watches his two clients laugh and joke with each other, with a smile he clears his throat and they both jump as they look around at him.
     "Have you guys managed to write anything?"
     Avi nods standing up and hands Kevin a few sheets of paper, "Can't Sleep Love, done and done," he nods, tapping on the paper in Kevin's hands.
     "Wait what?"
     "We finished the song Kev," Kirstie tells him with a grin as she skips over to the other two.
     "Already? Avi you spent three years writing your last album, and you've never written your songs before Kirst, how?"
     "Maybe you underestimated me," Kirstie shrugs. "Writing with Avi was really fun," she smiles up at him.
      "And you wrote a love song," Kevin notes as he skims over the sheets of music.
      Avi shakes his head as he leans over to point out something on the papers, "I wouldn't say love song, see that, it's a type of love, it's not about being in love," he explains.
     "What he said," Kirstie nods in agreement, smiling up at Avi again.
     "Alright, whatever you say," Kevin chuckles.
     A ringing sounds out all three look between each other before Kirstie and Kevin both raise their eyebrows at Avi.
      "Oh! That's me," he says as he reaches round to pull his phone from his back pocket. He stares at the ringing phone for a moment before he jabs it with his finger then puts it to his ear and steps away from Kirstie and Kevin.
      "That's pretty typical," Kevin tells Kirstie.
      She nods with a small laugh, "I've noticed," she looks once around the orange room with the white and black leather furniture before back at her producer. "Hey Kev, do you reckon Avi will sing the song with me? I just think it might be good buzz, you know?"
     "I don't know, I mean you two have such different sounds, helping someone write a song is entirely different to recording one with them. I honestly can't see you two agreeing on the music side of things."
     "I can compromise, can he?"
     "Avi is pretty particular and he's made no secret of his dislike for pop in the past, so I think you would end up compromising more than he would and then it won't sound like you or your album."
      The smile Kirstie had falls, "Are you saying he doesn't like my music?"
      "I never said yours, I said pop," Kevin explains.
      "All my music is pop Kevin! If he doesn't like pop he doesn't like my music! God I was so stupid to think he'd want to sing with me. I want a collab on the album so bad though, I thought it would be perfect with Avi."
      "Some people are meant to work together Kirstie, and some are not. You can always talk with Avi, or with Esther, I don't know who you're supposed to talk to at the moment. But get your feelers in there and find out, he might work better with you than with me in the sense that he might compromise."
      "You're his producer, you get final say," she tells Kevin with her eyes narrowed.
      "Actually, his contract is a little different than yours Kirst. He wouldn't be on the label if I got final say, Esther made sure of that."
      "I want final say too!" Kirstie all but yells.
      "When you're contract gets reviewed in a couple of years we'll talk, but until then my hands are tied."
      "But you're in charge!" she protests.
      "I have executives that pick and choose and write out the contracts, I just get the music that they expect from the artists."
      "Then why is Avi different?"
      Kevin sighs, "Because they never thought he was going to do any good, he's just my best friend from high school so I signed him."
      "And now he's got a Grammy," Kirstie says sourly.
     "He definitely proved them wrong," Kevin says with a smile.
     "Well what if I wanted a chance to prove them wrong too? What if I don't want to be a-pop-diva-princess anymore?" she raises an eyebrow as she folds her arms.
      "Then the executives would force me to drop you from the label and I don't want that."
      "I want a revise now!" she clenches her jaw as she speaks, stepping closer and closer to Kevin as he slowly but surely takes steps away.
     "You get one at the end of your contract," Kevin tries.
     "I know that, and that's not good enough, I want a revise now," she hisses, jabbing her producer in the chest.
      "Kirstie, I'm sorry there's nothing I can do."
      She steps back as if nothing had happened, her face becoming a mask of professionalism, "Then there's nothing I can sing until I get what I want. I'll take my lyrics and be on my way until you get me my revise," she holds out her hand, palm up, snatching the sheet music as it's put into her hand.
      "Kirstie, you're going to get into a lot of trouble," Kevin tells her as she starts to leave, stood next to Avi who had reappeared in the doorway.
      "Good," she flashes him a fake smile, and gives Avi a pat on the arm as she leaves.
      "What was that about?" Avi asks.
      Kevin shakes his head as he slowly slides a hand down the side of his face, "You don't want to know."

A/N: Oooooooo some stuff went down!! What do you think? Is Kirstie being reasonable, or a diva?