Chapter Forty-Three

A/N: Long time no see :)

"At exactly twelve o'clock I post, album was at midnight, but I make the tour announcement at midday, god I'm so fucking excited that I'm nauseous!" Kirstie yabbers on loudly so that Avi can hear her as she makes her way to the kitchen where he's making breakfast.
     "Are reviews on the album positive so far?" Avi asks.
     "Yes," she grins, taking a seat at the breakfast bar. "Unfortunately they seem to like the version of 'Can't Sleep Love' without you better, but I'm just calling bitter bullshit on that one, they're Scirstie shippers," she narrows her eyes. "But other than that they're the same as always, the Kirstan's love it and the critics don't mind it and everyone else thinks it's shit," she shrugs.
    "I don't think they think it's shit," Avi responds.
     "Okay, so if you weren't my boyfriend, you're telling me that you'd like?" Her eyebrow rises in accusation.
     Avi turns back to the stove without an answer.
     Kirstie gives it a moment in case he decides to respond, "See."
     "No, but I never liked pop Kirst," he sighs.
     "Yeah I know, and there are plenty of other people like you out there," she folds her arms.
     "But don't count out everyone, I'm sure there are people that tolerate it and there are those that like it but don't love it, there is an in between love and hate," Avi explains.
     She nods, "Yeah, I get. But the weird thing is that I kind of want people to not like it so much, then it'll make my next album look really good."
     "What if that backfired though? Say they don't like this album then they stop listening to you all together. What do you do then?"
     Kirstie frowns, "Oh... I didn't think about that. "I-" She stops when her phone rings. "Hiya," she answers.
     "I'm gonna start with an I'm so fucking sorry to be springing this with an hour before your big announcement."
     "Mitch, what?" Kirstie stands with fear.
     Avi rounds the bench at the tone of her voice.
     "Ben has decided, last fucking second to veto me going on tour with you. Apparently it is now urgent for me to get my next album out. I told him if he didn't let me go I'd sign with Kevin when my contract expires. He said 'good luck with that.' I still have three years left with Ben, so rather than risk my career, I'm so sorry Kirst," he rushes to get out before she could even attempt to interrupt him.
     "So I don't have an opening act?" Kirstie speaks quietly.
     "I'm so, so sorry hon, Ben is just so fucking bitter with Kevin about losing Scott, and there's nothing I can do."
     At least Kirstie can hear the sympathy in his voice. "Well thank for letting me know Mitch," she sighs.
     "No worries hon, I hope you can sort this out."
     "Yeah, bye."
     "Bye."
     Kirstie puts her phone on the bench before she bursts into tears.
     Avi immediately pulls his sobbing girlfriend into his arms.
     "I don't have an opening act Avi," she cries into his chest.
     "I heard, but it's okay, you'll sort it out."
     "Not in an hour," she pulls away. "There is so much to organise, I can't do it!"
     "Yes you can," he grabs her shoulders to ground her and so he can look into her eyes. "Okay look, you are going to do your best to find an opening act in the next hour. And if you can't find one, and I really mean can't, you cannot find one... I will be your opening act."
     Her eyes widen, "Are you serious?"
     He nods, "I am, but only if I can see you actually seriously trying over this next hour okay?"
     "Okay."
     "I am the absolute last resort," he re-iterates.
     "Okay."
     "Because you know how much I dislike touring, and phones, and your fans film everything, and I won't be able to tell them to put their phones away because it's your show."
     "I. Get. It," she tells him. "I'm gonna call Kevin, see if he can help me."
     "Put him on, on... ah, speaker, so I can hear," he manages to get out.
     "Speaker phone is not a new thing," she tells him as she waits for Kevin to pick up. "Wait," she hangs up.
     "Kirstie you're running out of time!"
     "No you ring Kevin for me, and I'll ring Candice," she scrolls to find the correct contact to ring and holds it to her ear. "Yeah, hi Candice this is urgent."
     Avi walks off to find his phone.