Chapter Twenty-Eight

A/N: Starting a new notebook on this story soon, that's how much more I still have to write on this, at the very least XD XD

Kirstie lay on her bed cuddling Tyrion and Sansa, scrolling through Twitter in one hand. Then she moves onto Instagram, snapping a pic of her and her fur kids, posts it to her story #bored. And another, 'Should I do an Instagram live chat?' The response is overwhelmingly positive. She posts another pic to her story of her making a goofy face, 'Be ready with your questions in five!'
Kirstie gets herself into a more comfortable spot on her bed as she debates turning off her background music, she doesn't, she's enjoying the sound of her boyfriend's voice too much.
She starts her live chat with a sing song 'hi' and a giggle. Her views are in the 1000's before five seconds are up.
     "Wow, you guys are jumping on this chat quick, hi, hi, hi," she smiles. "I guess I haven't done one in a while so... send me your questions!" She pulls the phone close to her face before extending her arm again. "Tyrion and Sansa are here too," she pans to her pets, "Say hi chilrins," she laughs before her face is centre screen again. "Questions, question, questions! Ooo, good one Becky-b-bop, my album is coming along great, Kevin and I are working round the clock on it, I have some more vocals to lay down, a bit of fine tuning and voila, my part done," she smiles.
     "Who's Kevin?" She frowns, "Ya'll don't know who Kevin is? Wow okay, he's my producer. Also you know KO Studios? Well he's KO, he owns the place, he owns the label and he's the best producer ever. There was a little song on my album that pre-production I hated, but I recorded it anyways and Kevin produced the bejebus out of it and it became Title... I know right! One of my biggest hits that I now love with all my heart." She stares closely at the screen for a moment. "Who else does Kevin produce for? Well Kev has lots of great names signed to his label, me, obvi," she bats her eyelashes, "Avi Kaplan, Matt Sallee, Taylor Reece, Jessica Villa and even two new acquisitions in May-Luna Evans and uh... Scott Hoying," she says his name hesitantly, he phone is about to blow up, just because she said his name. Not a whisper even about the fact that she said Avi's name, nope, notifs galore about Scott though, it's already out of the chat. It frustrates her, at least just a little, but she does her best not to let it show.
     When she opens her eyes again, in amongst all the comments about Scott and whether or not she's okay she spots a question she's willing to answer. "I'm glad you asked Lilly," she pulls on a smile, "I'm listening to Avi Kaplan's album, it's great music to just chill to. It's his album that won the Grammy, so it must be good. And I'd never thought I'd like folk music, but I do, I like his, just listen. I really love the next song, it's called Standing By," she takes a moment to turn the music up right as the said song starts. Kirstie hums along with the intro, a goofy smile in place. She doesn't notice the comments on her stream starting to become notices of how genuinely happy she looks, and positive notes on the song, they like it too.
    "Who knew simple could sound so good huh? Who needs bass drops, electric beats and auto-tune when acoustic guitar and sexy vocals are more than enough," she bites her lip as she concentrates on the music. "This song is just so pretty through and through, and like it has so much meaning to him. Like I think all the best songs are the best, they win all the awards because the person performing it connects on such a deep level that it comes out as deep and meaningful as it does. And I think you can only truly get that when your lyrics are your own, you get final say in your production, not some CEO. It's inspiring- oh wait, this bit is so good, really shows his range," she bites the end of her finger as she listens, a smile creeping across her face as Avi hits notes on the track.
     As the song comes to an end, Kirstie makes direct eye contact with the camera once more. "There we go," she turns the music down a notch to be background noise again. "I hope I broadened your music taste just a little as he has done for me," her cheeks flush a little. "Um no," she responds to a question on the screen, "He's not here right now, he's actually on tour at the moment. If he's coming to your area you should check him out, his tickets are super reasonably priced for a chill evening with good music. Anyway, moving on from Avi, yes Abbey my fur babies are doing well, thanks for asking," she smiles.

...

Avi dismisses another call from Esther before he picks up his guitar for the night. He has six he takes on tour with him, that's not including the specialties for special songs like his bangitar. He hands his phone to his stage manager as he walks to the stage with him, promptly being informed that he'll be playing to a full house.
     Avi stops mid step, "I beg your pardon?"
    "A full house," he repeats.
     "It nev- but it's not- ha," Avi can't complete a sentence.
     "Tomorrow night's selling out quick too."
     "Seriously?" Avi asks, eyes wide.
     "Something must have happened this afternoon because your ticket sales have sky rocketed, I'm hearing good things about your music sales too. But enough about that, get on out there," his stage manager smiles.
     "Hold up, they can wait another minute. You've been my stage manager for a while now, and tour manager this year, have you ever managed anything else Brad?"
     "A high school band, but that's another story," he snorts with laughter.
     Avi smiles, "Okay, well I think you and I should have a proper chat after the show. Also it would be awesome if you could find out what it was that made my show sell out, I'd much appreciate it. If it's negative then find a way to get the message to me mid set," Avi makes his way onto the stage with Brad's last words.
     "You got it boss."
     Avi gives him the thumbs up as he walks out to polite applause, nothing out of the ordinary. What is out of the ordinary however are the phones recording him, at least he has to assume they're recording, why else would you hold up your phone like that? He hasn't had to say his spiel in almost three years; people knew the drill by now, no phones. And besides, why were they recording him walk out? He's not even singing yet. Maybe they're stop when he starts playing? He stands center stage looking out into the audience who calmly wait for him to start. The phones don't go down, he doesn't get it, he still hasn't started, it's just him and his band, the stage is basic, nothing fancy: a couple of stage lights and a rug, that's it. He's going to have to say it, it sucks, he thought his fans were past this, they knew him better than this.
     "I love you all and appreciate you your coming out here tonight," he speaks into the mic on its stand. "But I perform to people not phones, so I'd kindly appreciate it if all of them were turned off and put away. We're here for the music are we not? So let's immerse ourselves in a couple of hours of what I hope is good quality music," he smiles and the audience chuckle a little. "And with that out of the way we're onto it," he strums away to cheering and phones going down, then his vocals cut clear through the theatre joined by his fans.

A/N: Has Kirstie done a good thing mentioning Avi in her livestream or a bad thing?

Hope you enjoyed the chapter, please vote and comment it makes my day :)

Hannah.