Chapter Twenty-Five

A/N: Finally an update for this one am I right XD

Hold onto your hats though, it may be short but it's important :o

Kirstie is too busy to go on Avi's tour with him, and so she sulks all week and refuses to work on her album. This makes the executives mad at Kevin, which makes Kevin mad at Kirstie even though he doesn't want to be because he hates being mad at people. And Avi is busy with last minute tour prep and rehearsals, which means he can't spend much time with Kirstie, which of course upsets her more, and when Kirstie's upset she takes to social media.

t@Kirstin: "When you're lonely af #bored"

t@Kirstin: "Don't leave me lonely tonight #shania #iknowhewontseethisbutstill😛"

t@Kirstin: "Where my friends at?"

t@Kirstin: "For those of you asking no Avi and I haven't broken up he's prepping for tour and I'm a needy bitch 😘"

Guilt smacks her stomach and she immediately goes and deletes her latest tweet. Hopefully no one saw that, but those odds were pretty low. She inwardly groans when she gets tagged in an article on some nobody news site about how her and Avi's "rumoured" relationship is already on the rocks. Maybe she should have left the last tweet up? No, Avi would be mad if she spilled the tea on this one. He is right, having this to themselves is better, sure everyone has suspicions but they don't actually know until Kirstie and Avi choose to tell them. So she'll be honest, she'll tell him about what she almost did later and he'll be happy because she didn't actually do it. She smiles to herself, win.

###

Avi gets off the stool, places his guitar on its stand and walks off the rehearsal stage with thanks for his band. He walks down the steps trying to avoid his sister but she follows him, she is still his manager after all, doesn't mean he's talking to her.
     "Are you coming home tonight?" She asks only because he's hardly been back since she did what she did and he only collected clothes and didn't talk to her.
     "Nope," he keeps it simple, and besides, she doesn't even deserve any more words than that, she hurt him bad.
     "Kirstie's or Kevin's?"
     He doesn't answer, but she's obviously been talking to Kevin, because he hasn't been at Kirstie's every night, that'd be like living together and they're not at that stage yet.
     "Avi I miss talking to you," Esther sighs.
     "Well I miss being able to trust my sister."
     "Avi, you can trust me, that was a lapse in judgement and I'm sorry, I can see that Kirstie makes you happy, even though-"
     "And how were you going to continue that?" He interrupts angrily, "Even though she's not good enough for you, or something along those lines. You could have stopped talking but you were going to keep going. I don't trust you Esther, before this I only had suspicions that you'd meddled in my past relationships, but now I'm sure that you did. And that makes you a pretty shit person," he snarls.
     "So what, you're gonna push me away now like you did Josh?" She tries to act snarky but the hurt in her features is overwhelming.
     Avi scoffs, "Like I did Josh? Like I did , that was all you and you fucking know it, don't you dare blame me for that. I am not some stupid little boy whose big brother forced him to buy the restaurant, I offered and when he reluctantly agreed to sell it to me I felt so good about being able to lift that burden from him, he was still going to work there and run it but you made him feel so shit about himself that he had to leave. I miss my brother every day and you have the nerve to tell me it's my fault he doesn't talk to us anymore."
     "That's not fair Avi, we don't know why Josh left, he just did."
     "And that's what we always tell people, 'we don't know why he left, he just did.' But that's not true, it's your fault that he didn't want anything to do with us anymore and when you two argued I stupidly took your side, I always have and I have no idea why because you do nothing but boss me around... and you know what, not anymore. I thought that you know, maybe, just maybe we could keep this going professionally because even though you're a terrible sister, you're a good manager, but it doesn't work anymore, Esther you're fired."
     "No, Avi no, you're just upset, we can talk about it when you get back from tour-"
     "No, by the time I get back from tour I'll have a new manager," he can feel tears threatening to spill, they're burning but he's not going to cry over this sister that's betrayed him time and time again, he deserves better. He should have fired her long ago, don't they always say never work with family? This is why, you forgive them time and time again no matter how many times they hurt you and that's shit, that's why this time is different.
     He will never forgive Esther.

A/N: Oooo, has Avi done the right thing? Thoughts?

Hannah