Chapter 3

edited

Ariel's POV
I walked into Starbucks and spot Andi sitting in the corner. I ran over to her.

"What's the big emergency that made me have to leave my bed today?" She asked me as I sat down, while sipping her drink.

"I have an arranged marriage" I grunted and she immediately spit out her drink.

"You have a what now?" She questioned, eyes big.

"An arranged marriage with someone you would never guess" I said rolling my eyes at the thought of Cameron.

"Is it Aaron?" She asked me, smiling.

"No no no. If it was, I would be jumping up and down with excitement." I laughed.

"Then who is it?" She laughed.

"Cameron" I mumbled.

She froze.

"No way" she whispered and I nodded.

"Where there's a will, there's a way" I said, walking off to buy myself something to drink.

I walk up to the counter and order a Iced Sweet Tea.

"That will be 5.28." The young guy said behind the counter.

I handed him the money and waited for my tea.

Cameron's POV
After I left the Sanchez's house, I decided to take my girlfriend, Avery, to Starbucks.

I open my phone and text Avery.

Hey meet me at Starbucks in 10. I need to talk to you.💓

Okay. See you there.😘

I walk downstairs, walk out, get in my car, and drive to Starbucks.

Once I get there, I see Avery in her car on her phone. Gosh, she looks so cute.

This is my girl, Avery

This is my girl, Avery. She has long blonde hair, piercing blue eyes, tall, straight white teeth... she's perfect!

 she's perfect!

This is Ariel. She's.. Ariel. We banter and make fun of each other. I guess you could say we tease each other.

She's not what you would call "popular". She has a couple little friends that she hangs out with, but that's it.

My reputation is going to drop so low when my friends find out about Ariel.

A tap on the window of my car broke me from my thoughts. Crap. I forgot about Avery.

I look through the window to see a smiling Avery.

I smile and step out of the car.

"Hey baby" she said and kissed my lips softly.

"Hey boo" I laughed and I grabbed her hand and walked into Starbucks.

We order our drinks and my eyes scan the place.

My eyes immediately stop on someone familiar.

Ariel.

She was looking at the menu and ordering her drink.

Avery and I stepped into the line and waited. I saw Ariel walk over to wait for her drink to be done. She looked back and her eyes met mine. She noticed who I was and quickly turned her head back around.

"Ariel!" I yelled and she looked my way. I motioned for her to come over.

Ariel's POV
I slowly walk over to him.

"This is my girlfriend, Avery" he introduced me.

"Hi. I'm.. going now" I said and walked off.

"Slut" I heard him mumble under his breath, making Avery giggle.

"Cunt" I shot back.

I grabbed my tea. I walked passed them and over to the table where Andi was sitting.

"Cameron is here" I mumbled and she nodded.

"I saw" she whispered.

I sigh and sip my tea.

Why him?

*******