Chapter 28

Ariel's POV
I woke up to the sound of screaming. I jolt up and notice Cameron's not in here. I unzip the tent and notice Cameron hold a snake. "Cameron?" I asked rubbing my eyes. "Look. I caught a snake. His name is Bob. But is full name is Robert Jimmy." He said. "You're so weird." I said stepping out of the tent. I take a couple pictures and lock my phone. "You do realize that snake could bite you?" I said sitting down on the ground. "Yeah. Duh. I knew that." He said walking off and putting it on the ground. He walks back over to me and pins me on the ground. He kisses me softly and I kiss back. "Let's get changed so we can go hiking" he said helping me off the ground. We walk into the tent and we get changed.(her outfit below)

I fishtail my hair and put on my pink Nikes

I fishtail my hair and put on my pink Nikes. I grab my phone and chapstick, just in case, and put them in my backpack. I put on my sunglasses and step out of the tent. I look over at Cameron and he's softly humming to himself while looking down the mountain. "Ready to go?" He asked turning around smiling. "Yup." I said smiling. He grabs my hand and we start up the trail. "Last time I did this was when our school went on that camping trip." He said laughing. "Oh yeah. Yet again, we played pranks on each other." I said with a giggle. "Yeah. But my prank went very wrong and you ended up falling off the side of the rock we were standing on and rolled down the mountain until you were stopped by a rock. I still haven't forgiven myself for that." He said rubbing the back of the neck looking down. "Hey. Look. I'm alive and well. I'm fine now. Don't dwell in the past. Okay?" I said rubbing his hand. "Okay." He said smiling. We continue walking and make it to the top. We sit on a rock and I take a sip of water from my water bottle. I heard light sniffles coming from beside me. I look over and see tears falling off of Cameron's cheeks. "Cameron? What's wrong?" I asked turning his face towards me. "I'm sorry." He said looking down. "Cam. Don't be. We were just kids and we didn't know what we were doing." I said rubbing his back. "I know. B-but I was s-stupid." He said putting his hands over his eyes. "Cameron." I said pulling his hand from his eyes. I kiss his lips softly and taste the saltiness from his tears. "I love you and you know that." I said kissing girls his nose. "I love you too Ariel" he said kissing me. "We should start heading back. There are wild animals out here and we don't want to get attacked." I said and I help Cam up. We were walking back when I heard a noise. "Cam? Did you hear that?" I whispered frightened. "Hear what?" He whispered back. The sound happened again. "That" I whispered. "Ariel. We need to get back to the tent. And fast" he said frantically. We run as fast as our legs could handle. Once we reach our tent, we go inside and zip it up. I collapse onto the sleeping bags and held my hand over my heart. I breathed in and let it go. "Cam. What kinda of animal was that?" I asked after my heart rate went back to normal. "That was what I would like to call Puma concolor" he said proudly. "Speak English please." I said confused. "Puma concolor is the scientific name for Mountain Lion" he said proudly. "Okay. So a Mountain L-" I said being cut off by something scratching through the tent. All I remember was being in pain and everything went black.
Oh snap. CLIFFHANGER!! Didn't see that happening. Did ya? I'm sorry I made it a cliffhanger. I'm just evil like that.😏 Anyways! LOVE YOU GUYS!-Sarah💕