Chapter Thirty One

When I got home Adam was sitting on the hood of his car in the parking spot next to mine with his eyes closed as his thumb tapped a beat against the metal. I knew he must hear my car idling there, but still he didn't move, so lost in his music he didn't care. I put the car in park and grabbed my camera to snap the shot before hopping back inside and pulling into the spot.

When I looked up to unlock the car door Adam was already standing there waiting for me.

"Writing a new song?" I asked as I slipped the camera strap over my head and grabbed my purse.

He shrugged as he pulled me into his arms and kissed me until I was lightheaded. "Thinking about doing that," he replied as we began to walk towards the apartment.

"Either way," I began as I took my camera and showed him what I'd taken; "made for a damn good shot."

He rolled his eyes as he opened the door for me. "That's because you like this tie-vest getup."

I leaned into him as we took the first step and kissed his chin below his ear. "You've got that right."

I felt the shiver pass through his body, and he stopped, using his grip on my hand to push me against the stairwell wall.

"That's not fair," he growled at me.

"Life's not fair," I replied.

I tried hard to breath, but his chest pressing into my own coupled with the way he was looking at me made me dizzy. All I could sense was his body against mine, and the intoxication of the feeling mingled with his comforting cologne.

"I used to think that." Adam let my hands drop and his finger tilted my chin to his. "Then you let me kiss you."

It was over then; there was no holding back as I pulled on his vest until our lips crushed into one another.

"I," Adam gasped in between kisses; "can't walk...up the steps...and kiss you."

I pulled away laughing and raced up the stairs in front of him, daring him to catch me. At the top of the stairs I stopped because I had no idea what apartment we were going in to. Adam reached the top and grabbed my arm, pulling me towards his.

"Bobby's not home," Adam said as he pushed the door open, and we slid in. "Might as well take advantage of it."

I closed the door, and Adam pulled me into his arms before we tripped over the couch and landed softly on it.

"Bedroom?" I suggested, remembering what Tara told me.

I didn't want to bless the same furniture they had. He continued kissing me as he pulled my legs around his waist and lifted me up. My jaw clenched at how strong he was without having to look like he worked out every day. That made me want him even more, but there was one thing standing in my way—his sexy teacher-getup. The amount of buttons was damn frustrating. I got through one set, only to have to go through another.

"You alright there?" Adam asked as I let out a huff.

I looked up at him as I slipped the last button and let my lips hover over the area just above his belly button. "Really?"

He had a smirk on, and I stood from the bed. Two could play that game.

"Oh, no you don't!" Adam yelled as he pulled me back onto him.

"I'll wear a button-up next time," I snapped as my eyes wandered from his now bare chest up to his eyes.

He bit his lip. "As long as it comes with a pencil skirt like that I'm up for the challenge."

His hand cupped my chin and tilted it so he could nip at the soft flesh of my neck.

"Still mad?" he murmured as his lips traced a line up to my ear.

I sighed in response, and I could feel the smile on his lips as he continued until his mouth found my own.