Chapter 35 - Reception Time

Mels POV:

We walked into the reception room and it looked so beautiful. We were going to sit for a minute then have the toast, and dances. I pleaded with Wesley for like a week and he finally agreed to us doing a little dance routine thing.

*Drew taps on glass with fork* "OKay, uhm damn. I'm not very good at these things but here goes. Wes and I went from enemies to basically brothers. We've been through hell but we made it and I couldn't ask for a better bestfriend. To see him married before me still baffles me but hey, these two young kids are in love." he laughed out loud. "Congrats Wes and Melanie, and remember ... we all love you." he finished giving Wes and I a hug

"OH, I guess it's my turn huh?" Keaton spoke aloud after Drew tapped him. "Well, I'm happy for you man. You deserve Melanie, she's pretty amazing. I actually didn't think you'd two be together because" he paused and blushed, "that came out so wrong and it sounded way better in my head. But yea, I'm happy for both of you love you bro." Keaton ended his speech and also gave us hugs. A couple of other people said some things and then it was time for the dances. Wesley helped me to the center of the floor and grabbed a mic.

All of us got in formation and did a dance to Take Back The Night by Justin Timberlake. It was so fun and I laughed the whole way through. At the end everyone clapped and cheered then the others left Wes and I standing in the middle of the room

"Okay that's finally done. You better be happy because I'm not a big dancer." He laughed, before we have our first one on one dance as a couple I'd like to sing something to you." he spoke and the people in the room all let out 'awes' and little gasps. He cleared his throat and began singing "Together with the Sun down" by Stephen Jerzak. I literally had to hold back tears that were threatening to escape my eyes and leave mascara trail marks down my face.

"

I don't even know I've never felt this way before. No, it's someone like you that makes sense; And I don't wanna go I'll stay with you forever As long as you love me, too Just as long as you love me, too. It's the way that you talk And the way that you smile, and the way that you love in black and white.Baby, it's the way you hold my hand in the car and the way that we lie in the sand. It's not hard to see that a single day without you

Can make me go crazy. It takes my breath away; It gets me butterflies. When you hold me in your sleep ... when you hold me in your sleep I never want to leave" he finished the song by smiling that million dollar smile that I love and kissing me.

Then our first dance song came on. The lights dimmed a little more and the beat to "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perry. Laraine picked it out and Wesley agreed. I personally loved the song but I'd thought if I said that's what I wanted to dance to Wes would look at me like a moron. As we dances Wesley stared down at me, and I finally spoke.

"You know Stromberg. You look like a creep when you stare at me like that." I joked

"I'm sorry but I can't help it. You look beautiful." he whispered as the smell of mint left his mouth

"You do too. Well not beautiful but you look fairly attractive."

"Fairly? That's it? I'm disappointed now."

I laughed, "I love you."

"I love you too." he replied as we kissed sending those tingles through my body.

The song eventually ended and I decided to sing a little something.

"Alright. So, I don't normally sing because I feel weird but I love this kid right here so I have to get over it." I laughed and so did everyone else in the room. "I love you so much Stromberg, that I literally feel weak when I'm not around you. So here ya go."