Chapter 1: Miura Niyo

"First Class Miura!"

Niyo continues walking down the stairs in the CCG, "What is it, Furuta?"

Furuta inches closer to her and whispers in her ear, "First Class Arima, I should be calling you," he grins.

Niyo jerks away from him, "I told you not to call me that," She rolls her eyes when Furuta walks next to her, "You were specifically told to use my mother's surname."

"Then how about...Miura-hime!"

"Fine..." Niyo picks up her pace when she walks, trying to avoid Furuta. He knows she is the One-Eyed Princess, and the daughter of Arima Kishou, but he keeps on acting as if he will not keep it a secret for long, apart from all the blackmailing. Niyo knows he wouldn't dare say a word her true identity, partly because Arima will kill him afterwards with the most painful method ever imagined.

Furuta keeps on saying he has another reason to keep the secret. He never said it, but Niyo gets the weirdest impression that he is hitting on her. That would explain the sneaky, seductive attitude he uses whenever he is around her. Niyo hasn't confirmed it yet. She could almost laugh at that theory since their age gap is wide. But if Furuta were to really 'like' her, she knows Arima would kill him for that too.

Niyo thinks about the nickname Furuta just gave her, "But don't you think it is a bit too obvious?"

"What is obvious, Miura-hime?"

Niyo leans closer to him and whispers, just in case if anyone is around, "Look around you, everyone is talking about the so called 'One-Eyed Princess'. If you let out even one clue, it will be dangerous for me."

"Hmm..." Furuta thinks for a few moments, "Nah, I don't think so."

"Tsk, you're simple-minded," Niyo says sourly.

Furuta eyes her with admiration; "I love it when you use insults against me!"

"Hmph," Niyo is rather annoyed, but keeps a straight face when she walks. She has obviously inherited this expression from Arima, but no one knows she is the daughter of the master apathetic investigator, so they just assume she is another expressionless person, "So what do you want?"

"Nothing. I just saw you so I decided to join you."

"Why?" Niyo takes this chance to get answers from him, but too bad he dismisses it off quite easily.

"I don't know. Why do you think?"

"Well," Niyo looks away from Furuta.

"You think I like you?"

Niyo can't see, but she can tell Furuta is smirking at her. She faces forwards again, "I don't like you, I hope that gets through your head."

Furuta laughs loudly and throws his arms to Niyo.

"I thought I told you not to lay a hand on her, Nimura," says a familiar voice.

Furuta immediately retracts his arms when he sees Arima, "That's why I didn't."

Arima turns his attention to Niyo, "A word please, First Class Miura."

"Of course, Special Class," Niyo follows Arima away from the stairs without looking at Furuta. Again, she can feel his smirk intending to crush her down. Why does Arima even bother keeping him beside her?

Niyo remains composed until they reach Arima's private office. When the doors close she lets everything out, "Father, I can't take this whole thing with Furuta. I'm only fifteen and he's being really intimidating..."

"It's not like you to complain," Arima cleans up his desk, "I've already told him what not to do to you."

"Yes, but when you're away he does as he pleases."