Chapter 2: One-Eyed Owl

"Will you go out, please?"

"Hm..."

"Go."

"No."

Furuta grins when Eto is getting very annoyed with his presence, "Leave!" she says even louder, "I want to speak with Miura-sama alone."

"Whatever you want to tell her, I will hear it too."

Eto looks to Niyo, "Well? I'll go along with any decision you make, Miura-sama."

Niyo glances at Furuta. He grins and tilts his head, making Niyo sigh, "Make yourself comfortable," she mutters.

"Ah~ How generous of you, Miura-hime," Furuta sits down on a nearby stool, "I'm comfortable."

Eto leans her arms against the table, "I'm afraid we won't be able to talk very openly since he is here," she purposely says impolitely.

"How rude," Furuta says sarcastically, "You're hurting my feelings."

"Furuta, no matter how much I hurt you, you always come back," Niyo says as if irritated and faces Eto, "So," she frowns, "I know you're playing with a bug. Put it away," she refers to the recorder Eto is hiding under the table.

Eto smirks, "Just as I'd expect from the King's daughter. You knew perfectly well that I was fidgeting with a bug. Don't worry, I stopped playing with it ever since my talk with him," she scowls at Furuta, "ended."

"Good."

Furuta looks puzzled, "Bug?"

"Yeah, you won't understand Eto~Miura-sama language," Eto's expression lightens when she looks back at Niyo, "I believe there are some things you want to ask me?"

"Yes, but it can wait," Niyo shakes her head, "No, just, tell me what you want to say first."

"Oh, there aren't any serious things I desire to say. I just wish to talk,"

"About my father, yes?"

Eto leans closer to the glass with a sly expression, "Yes, about your King."

"We may, but he is still my father, so I do not wish to say much."

"Oh no. No secrets must be shared today, Miura-sama. I just want to talk."

"Mm-hmm," from the corner of Niyo's eye, she keeps an eye on Furuta's expression. After a few seconds she sees him grin.

"I know you're staring at me, Miura-hime," he smiles slyly, "Does this mean you like me now?"

"No," Niyo returns her gaze at Eto.

Eto looks at her with amusement, "You really do resemble your father. I know many people would overreact to this clown's words."

"Clown..." Niyo crosses her fingers together, "Just as I thought."

"Oh~ I believe you said something you shouldn't have," Furuta says playfully to Eto, but he is obviously not happy.

"She deserves to know."

"Not now, damn it."

Eto puts her hands on each side of her cheeks, "The King shouldn't be much of a match for you, huh Miura-sama? I'm sure in the future you will be the Queen, and easily kill the current King."

"It's not about killing, Eto. It's about taking away what they have."

"From your father?"

"No."