Chapter 15: Invented Injuries

"Furuta, that hurts."

"Just endure it. I'm almost finished."

"Stop being so rough."

"Sorry, I never did this before."

"Then go a little softer." Niyo flinches when Furuta ties the bandages too tightly around her head. "Redo it. I'm not going to walk around like a zombie."

"You should. You're supposed to be injured."

"Yes, but this hurts."

"You'll get used to it soon."

"You just take pleasure in seeing me suffer, don't you?

Furuta grins and tightens the last bandage on her arm.

"S-Stop..." Niyo leans forward when it is too tight, "It's too much."

"Ah!" Furuta embraces Niyo; "I love it when you look like this!"

"When I'm in bandages?"

"Yes, and when you're in pain."

"You're very dangerous, Furuta."

Furuta goes down to Niyo's neck, "It's not like I'm going to hurt you all the time," he begins planting kisses down the side of her neck.

Niyo tries holding back her moans, so only small whimpers slip out.

"Don't be shy, just let it out," Furuta presses his teeth against her neck.

"What are you...?" Niyo immediately moves away and feels her neck, "Don't do that."

"Aw, come on, just let me leave a tiny mark."

"Is this how you treat a patient?"

"Well, a mark could convince everyone that you got into a fight with a ghoul."

"No."

Furuta shrugs, "I guess I'll wait till you get older."

"That's what you said before..." Niyo tugs on the bandages, intending to loosen it a little.

"Don't pull on it."

"But..."

"Don't," Furuta taps his finger on Niyo's nose, "Or else."

"You think you're a match for me?" Niyo lingers over him, "I am the One-Eyed Princess, daughter and pupil of the One-Eyed King, who's also known as the Shinigami, the strongest and handsomest-"

Furuta laughs, "You're really relying on that title to gain power, aren't you?"

Niyo moves back into her sitting position, "What time is it?"

Furuta checks the time, "Time for me to go. Kishou will pick you up when the time is right, so be ready," he stands up, "Also, eat before you go."

"Okay," Niyo watches as he goes. At the same time she is reminded of how she revealed to Furuta that she is the One-Eyed Princess.

"You took me here because...?" asks Niyo when Furuta brings her to a laboratory in the Aogiri Tree. She slightly frowns when she sees Kanou. She immediately realizes he is a human.

"Just a mission. You're going to be staying here," Furuta pushes Niyo onto the ground in front of Kanou, "Permanently."

Niyo looks back at Furuta, looking completely composed.

"Oh, you aren't afraid?" Furuta walks to her, having the temptation to step and sit on her for the rest of the day.

"What a wonderful subject you've brought me," Kanou bends down to Niyo, "I heard you are very strong for your age. You would make a superb ghoul," he stands back up, "But I'll save you for later," he glances to Furuta, "I may need you to restrain her when I am going to experiment on her. Will you do that?"