Chapter 6: Strange Feelings

Niyo is planning on having another talk with Eto. She needs to know more about the Washuu family's association with ghouls. So far she's hardly got any idea of this matter. The conference with them did not give her any clues either. Eto said Niyo would find out, but nothing is clicking yet. The investigation to Rue Island is set in place soon, so she needs to find out some things before then.

"Furuta? Is that you?" Niyo asks when she sees someone leaning his head against the wall, looking rather depressed.

Furuta looks up, "Oh, Miura-hime, you're here?"

Niyo's eyes widen a little, "You look messed up. What happened?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?" Niyo looks from the prison door, to Furuta, "It's Eto, isn't it? Did she say something?" she notices Furuta's fist tighten.

"No," Furuta tries walking past her, but she grabs his sleeve.

"Furuta..."

"I'll tell you about it later," he slowly pulls himself out of Niyo's grasp and makes his way out of Cochlea.

"Where are you going?"

Furuta stops, "There is something I must do."

Just by hearing his voice gives Niyo the impression that he is going to do something illegal. She has never seen Furuta this way before. Eto must have really fazed him.

Niyo watches as Furuta walks into the elevator, "See you later," she says before the elevator doors close. She goes to the prison door. When she puts her hand to the door handle, it opens. Niyo instantly steps back, "Oh, you in there, huh?" she says when Kaneki steps out.

Kaneki puts up his best 'Haise face', "I was ordered to interrogate her for a while."

"Yes, me too. I'll see you around."

"Be careful, Niyo. Don't let your guard down."

"I know," Niyo walks into the prison and closes the door.

Eto smiles happily, "Oh! Hi, Miura-sama!" she sits up straight.

"Hello," Niyo sits down, "Furuta looked a little anxious. You had something to do with it, yes?"

"Ah..." Eto sighs, "I gave the bug to Kaneki. If you came a little earlier you could've heard my conversation with the Clown."

"I saw him wearing a clown mask last night. It's just as I thought, he is a Clown."

"He's many things, Niyo. I actually don't know where his loyalty stands."

"What did you say to him? I'm quite curious to what made him upset."

"You're interested?"

"Well, I am only interested because...I never saw Furuta look so upset before. I never thought anything would faze him."

"Not everyone is happy all the time, Miura-sama. You see, you will start to pity him when you hear whom he really is."

"Who is he?"

"He is related to the Washuu family."

Niyo stops breathing. Her whole body stops moving. It is as if everything just paused.

"Surprised?" Eto giggles, "How does it feel to begin having an interest towards somebody, but then find out they are actually something you would've never expected them to be?"

"Eto, I don't have an interest towards him."

"Oh? Then why are you here?"

"I came here to find out about the connections between the Washuu family and ghouls."

"You will find out, Miura-sama."

"I need to know now. My father didn't tell me anything, nor did the meeting with the Washuus help. Eto, if there is anything I need to know, it has to be now. I am also doing this on behalf of Fu..." Niyo clears her throat, "The safety of myself and my father."

Eto laughs, "Did I just hear you begin to say Furuta? Miura-sama is in love! Miura-sama is in love!"

"Silence, Eto."

"Come on, even a blind person can see it. Anyone who spends five minutes with you will grow suspicious. Do you deny it?"

"..."

"Do you have feelings for him?"

"I don't know. That's my honest answer. When he hugged me for the first time, I felt...different."

"Hmm, he managed to hug you, huh? It seems he has awakened your feelings."

Niyo sighs, "My father caught us right after. I thought it would be the end of my misery with Furuta, but..."

"But?"

"I protected him," Niyo says bitterly, "Someone who has blackmailed me, irritated me, tried many things on me. I protected him."

"From what you are telling me, I can conclude that you are starting to like him. I know he feels the same way for you."

"But how can I like somebody so cruel? I can only expect he will make me hopeless."

"Nah. It's quite usual that the guy is mean to you at first, but when you two get really close then he can be the best dude you've ever met."

"Hmph, look at you talking. You're the one who insults and hates him."

"You insult him too. I can't imagine how bad he feels for being rejected so many times by you."

"It wasn't rejection. I was just pushing him away."

"Personally I don't see the difference."

Niyo puts her hand to her forehead, "Is this how my father felt when he was with my mother?"

"Can't say. I never thought that guy would ever find love. But you are different."

"No," Niyo shakes her head, "I'm not buying it. I will not let myself fall for someone so nasty."

"Opposites attract."

"What?"

Eto shrugs, "Listen to me, Miura-sama. If you like him, isn't that all that matters? Who cares about what he has done to you, you know it will end once you go out there and confess your feelings for him."

"But-"

"I swear it will make him feel better from what I said to him."

"That brings me to my next point. Furuta said he needed to do something and... I have a feeling it has something to do with you."

Eto smiles, "I may have hit his weak spot, but there is nothing he can do to upset me. I am the One-Eyed Owl!" she says proudly.

"And I am the Princess, yet I became weak."

"You're still young! Don't worry!" Eto stares at the suddenly quiet Niyo, "Miura-sama?"

"Something just came to thought," Niyo sits up straight again, "I know Furuta and Arima are part of V somehow. V members are ghouls, so..."

Eto smiles widely, "See? I knew you'd find out about Washuu secrets!"

"Do they have something to do with V?"

Keeping the smile on her face, Eto nods. Niyo stands up right away and makes her way to the door, "Miura-sama?"

Niyo turns around.

"What I said about the stupid clown may have loosened you up a little, but don't forget that his loyalty is divided. I'd stay cautious if I were you. He is dangerous."

"Yes, I've figured that out already."

"Then go for it! I may not like that guy very much, but I will follow Miura-sama no matter what!"

"Thanks, Eto. I'll think about my next move," Niyo opens the door, "Nice talk."

"Bye-bye! Tell me the results later!"