Chapter 1

My parents and I arrived at our new house and it was in a really dark neighborhood. I didn't get good vibes from it when I got out of the car. I walked into the house and the interior of the house wasn't so bad. I picked my room and began unpacking. All of our other stuff wouldn't arrive till Thursday and today was Monday. I start school tomorrow at a new place called Korea Academy. Great sounds to high class. Eww. When my parents and I finished unpacking we headed out to a Korean barbecue. I wasn't in the mood to eat but I ate just a little so I could survive the day. My mom took me shopping for my school supplies and went home afterwards. I went straight into my room and started listening to music to zone out everything. I like to be in my own world where no one pisses me off. It's a great world that I enjoy.

I walked around the neighborhood and saw kids playing in the streets. I went to find the school I was going to. I got on my phone and looked for the address I wrote down. I walked around town and eventually found the school. I walked around the school and I knew I was going to get lost tomorrow. I went back home and my parents weren't there. They left a note on the fridge though.

Went out. Here's 30 dollars and go buy yourself some food. See you later.

Well that's great. I'm most likely going to be by myself for the rest of the day. I went back out and found a cheep place to eat. I went to a food stand and order some food that I knew how to say. I payed the ahjumma[1] and walked around Seoul. I walked to a nearby park and sat on a bench. I almost fell asleep on the bench but I got a call from my friend back in New York.

"Hello," I answered.
"MacKenzie how's Seoul," my friend Lucy asked.
"Eh okay. Don't really have anything to do here. Can't really speak the language and my parents aren't home to show me around. So I'm at the park watching everyone have fun," I said to her.
"Now MacKenzie stop being so depressed," she said. Lucy was really the only one that helped me through hard times. She understood me and was always cheerful. Now that I'm far away from her it's going to be hard again. She had to hang up and go to sleep. I forgot we were a day ahead. Awesome less time for me to be able to talk to her.

When it got darker outside I slowly walked back home. I opened the door to our house and saw my parents in the kitchen filing papers. They didn't even notice I was back. I walked straight to my room and went onto my laptop. It was getting late so I went to the bathroom to get ready for bed. After I took a shower I went to the kitchen to grab a water bottle.

"Oh Min-Seo when did you get back," my mom said giving me a quick glance then back down at her papers.
"2 hours ago," I said.
"Oh really. Wow you were quiet cause I didn't know you came home," she said.
"Of course you didn't, " I said under my breath.
"Did you say something," my mom asked.
"No just that I'm going to sleep now," I said walking to my room.
"Oh Min-Seo, are you okay walking to school yourself tomorrow. We are going to be very busy tomorrow. We might not get home till late," my dad said turning around.
"Yeah I'll be fine," I lied.

I went to my room and plopped on my bed and went on my phone. I set my alarm to wake up an hour earlier then my parents and then went on instagram. Seeing some of my friends having fun on their last day of summer wants me to kill myself. There's everyone kissing their boyfriends and hanging out with their family and friends, while there's me in a place where I know no one and am by myself in this world.

I charged my phone and turned off my light and went to sleep. I couldn't sleep at all though. All I could think was how in the world am I going to survive in a new school.

When I woke up it was still dark outside. I turned my alarm off and went to the bathroom. I walked back to my room and got my uniforms out. Gosh I hate this so much. Why the hell do we have to wear unifroms. I already hate this academy and I haven't even stepped inside the school.
I went to thr fridge and grabbed another water bottle to take with me. There was no food so I just headed to school. On the way there I remember I still had like $15 from yesterday. I found a small convenience store and bought ramen to eat before going to school. After I finished I walked to the school. I got to the gate and saw everyone hugging one another. Haha great. Ready to be a loner once again. I started walking towards the the school until someone hit me and I fell on the ground. I looked up and saw the back of this guy's head. I looked back down and rubbed the dirt of my knee.

"Oh kwenchana," someone said to me helping me up.
"Huh oh neh," I answered to a girl.
"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Park Bora. Are you new?"
"Neh. I'm Kim Min-Seo. Can you take me to the office please." She nodded her head and took me to the office. She also showed me around the school as we passed some classes to the office.

"Annyeonghaseyo Principal Jung," Bora said bowing. I looked at her and bowed too.
"Ahh annyounghaseyo Bora. How was your summer," he asked.
"It was fun," she answered.
"Who this," he said looking at me. I bowed again and introduced myself.
"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Kim Min-Seo. I'm a new student."
"Oh right I have your paperwork in my office. Is your parents here I can talk to," he asked.
"Anio[2]. My parents were busy and couldn't make it. You can just tell me and I'll tell then later," I said to him.
"Okay, follow me to my office, you too Bora." We went into his office and he motioned for us to sit down.
"Ahh why don't you look at this Park Bora, you are assigned to show Kim Min-Seo around. Well since you guys already introduced yourselves I can let you guys go off to Min-Seo's locker then." We got up from our seat and bowed to him and left his office. As we walked to the exit, this tall guy bumped into me. I looked back to see who it was but I didn't see his face. The back of his head looked familiar. Bora showed me the way to my locker and helped me put my stuff inside.

"Looks like you will be seeing me a lot," she said looking at my schedule.
"Really? Do we have all the same classes," I asked.
"Yeah, you and I are in all the same classes," she said handing me my schedule. I was glad that I was in the same classes as Bora. She was an extremely nice person. We walked into our homeroom and sat at a set of desk. Then the bell rang and it was loud in the hallway.
"Kaja[3]. Come meet my friends," she said grabbing my hand.
"It's okay I'll stay here," I said.
"No you're coming with me. You don't want to be alone in here for 15 minutes do you?" I reluctantly got up and followed her.
We went through a hallway and turned right one corner and she saw her friends. They all screamed and hugged one another. I covered my ears and looked around the school. I saw the Principal showing another new guy his locker along with his parents.

[1] Lady
[2] No
[3] Let's go