Chapter 5

We walked to a small park and he led me to the swings. He motioned me to get on and pushed me on the swings. Even though I just moved here two days ago, this is probably the most fun day I've had.
I got off the swings and we went onto the slide. I went first and then he came down. We walked on the trail and told stories about ourselves to each other. I got to learn about his past life. He wasn't a very good kid before. He'd always got into fights and was never nice to anyone. He said he blamed it on his parents for never being around him. Well he and I have something in common with our parents.

We went back to where the school was and we headed home. I didn't want the time I had with him to end but I was getting tired. It was getting dark on the way home. It was hard but I found my neighborhood. I was walking on the sidewalk when a bunch of guys came out from behind me. They started getting close to me. One touched my butt and I turned around and kicked him in the crotch. The other guys grabbed me and the guy I kicked punched me in the face.

"You think your strong little girl. All I wanted was one night and you had to hurt me," the guy said. He punched me in the face again. I was about to scream and hoped that someone would hear me. But the guy covered my mouth and was coming in closer to me. I bit his hands and he backed off. They threw me on the ground and walked away. I was left there on the ground until I had the strength to get up and walk home. Eventually I got inside my house and slowly walked to the bathroom. There was a big bruise by my eye. I tried washing my face but it hurt too much. I walked to my room and went to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up and tried covering my bruise. I covered it but there was a bump on my face and my eye had swelled up a bit. I put my hair down and covered it. I went out of the house and walked to school. I was there a little early so I went to the stands and fell asleep.

"Min-Seo," I heard someone call. I opened my eyes and saw Bora walking up to me.
"Oh Bora," I said to her.
"Why are you hear so early," she asked sitting down with me.
"I was going to talk to Mrs. Choi but I fell asleep here," I told her. We walked inside and went to our room. Before the bell rang she came up to my desk.

"Let's go see Yun-Seo and Ji-Yu," she said.
"No its okay, I'm really tired. I'm just going to sleep until class starts," I said. When she left I put my head down and fell asleep. I'm surprised she didn't notice the bruise. Now I just have to get through 5 more hours. When the bell rang, everyone was so loud in the hallway. I began to start having a horrible headache. Someone tapped me on the shoulder but I tried ignoring it.
"Yah Min-Seo," I heard a deep voice. I lifted my head up and saw Wonho. I gave him a weak smile.

"Min-Seo kwenchana[1]," he asked.
"Huh...what do you mean. I'm fine," I said. He pulled my hair back and noticed the bruise by my eye and pointed at it. I moved his hand away and fixed my hair.
"It's nothing. I just bumped into a wall and got a bruise," I lied.
"Really? You really think I'm going to fall for your excuse," he said still looking at me. I looked at him and tried to look serious.
"Yeah."
"You don't just get a huge bruise and your eye swelled from hitting the wall," he said.
"I'm fine," I said.
"Tell me what's going on. Is it you're parents?"
"No they wouldn't do this to me."
"Then who did it," he asked me getting angry.
"It's no one okay. Just let it go," I told him putting my head back down.

Then Miss. Jeon came in for roll call.
"Okay kids you have 5 minutes before class begins. If you need to go get something or go to the bathroom go now," she said. I got up and left. My head started hurting more and I began to get dizzy. I couldn't keep my balance and fell on the ground.
"Min-Seo," I heard someone call faintly.

When I woke up I saw Principal Jung, Wonho, Min Hyuk, and Bora in front of me. I could really only see out of one eye this time. My eye must have swelled more.
"Min-Seo, kwenchana," Bora asked me.
I nodded my head and sat up.
"Min-Seo what happened to your face," Principal Jung asked me. I was quiet for a minute to think of a lie.
"I got hit in the eye will a ball yesterday while walking home."
"Okay, do you want to go home," he asked me.
"Anio I'm okay," I said. Principal Jung left the room and went back to his office.
"Can I speak to Wonho alone," I asked Min Hyuk and Bora.

Wonho grabbed a chair and sat next to me. I looked at him and started crying. I needed someone to talk to about what happened yesterday.
"Min-Seo what's going on? If it's about what happened with your face please tell me," he said grabbing a hold of my hand.
"Last night I was walking home after we hung out and a bunch of guys tried to do something to me. They grabbed my butt and I kicked one of them in the crotch. Then they started beating me up." I began to cry even more just thinking about it.
"It's okay Min-Seo. You're okay now."
"Wonho I was scared they were going to take me away and do something to me. I'm still scared," I said trying to get my words out. He pulled me into hug him. I felt the warmth from him and wished we could have stayed like this all day.

"How about I walk home with you from now on," he said looking into my eyes.
"But what if you get hurt walking back home by yourself," I said.
"I'll be fine as long as you get home safely." I gave him a weak smile and laid back down. He left the room to go back to class. By break time I was about to leave to go eat lunch until Wonho stopped me in the hallway. He had two trays in his hands. He told me to go back to bed. He gave me my plate of food and we began to eat. While we were eating Min Hyuk came in with his tray of food. He was shocked when he saw Wonho in the room with me

"Oh annyeong Min Hyuk," I said. He turned his attention to me and gave me a smile.
"Annyeong. How are you feeling?"
"Okay," I answered. He grabbed at chair and sat next to me.

"So how was gym," I asked the boys.
"It was okay we played basketball today," Min Hyuk said.
"Really. Ugh I wanted to play basketball," I said to them. We finished our food and Min Hyuk took my tray. Wonho went along with him to bring the trays back.