Chapter 20

My mom woke me up around 5:30 and I rushed into the bathroom to get ready. After I finished, I went into the kitchen to see my mom finishing up.

"Gomawo omma," I said.

"Kwenchena, have fun today and don't think about sad things honey. Be happy today," she said.

"I will omma. You should go back to sleep," I said.

"Uh neh, be safe," she said.

"Omma can I have some extra money for today," I asked.

"Neh, it's in the usual place," she told me.

I packed everything I needed and grabbed extra money from a cabinet. I grabbed a sweatshirt and put on my sneakers. I waited in the living until Wonho came.

Wonho: I'm outside. [Recieved]

I ran outside and jumped into his arms. We stayed in that postion for a while. We walked to his car and he opened the door for me.
"When did you have a car," I asked.

"I'm borrowing it," he said.

"Can you even drive," I asked him. He took out his wallet and showed me his drivers license.

"It's you could drive, why do you walk all the time," I asked him.

"To get exercise and I didn't have a car at the time," he said.

I got into the car and he started the engine.

"Where to," he asked.

"To the nearest beach around here," I said.

"Alright, let's go," he said excitedly.

It took about 30 minutes until we arrived. I ran out and waited for him to come. We stood side by side looking out into the ocean. I opened my bag and grabbed a blanket. I placed it on the sand and we laid down. I rested my head on his chest.

"Are you hungry," I asked him.

"A little," he responded.

I looked through my bag and got two bananas for us. We walked around on the shore to just enjoy the time.

"What else do you have plan for today," he asked.

"Well we are going to have a picnic and go to other places that I'm not telling you yet," I said.

We stayed at the beach till noon walking around the place. I took Wonho's hands and we walked to another place. We went on a hiking trail near the beach. We got to the top and had a better view of Seoul. We saw many buildings and farther in the ocean. I put out the blanket on the grass and put the lunch box down. I separated the lunch boxes and Wonho came over to sit.

"Wow this looks amazing," he said staring at the lunch box.

"Thanks, come eat," I said handing him chopsticks.

After we finished, we headed back to the car and went to a park. We rented out bikes and rode around the park. Then we went to a café nearby.

"What's next," he asked.

"The school," I said.

We paid for the drinks and drove to school. The school was open for extra studies for students that day. We went up to the music room and I placed him in front of the piano.

"I want you to play," I said.

"Play what," he asked.

"Anything you have in mind," I said.

He began playing and I swayed my head to the beat. He stopped playing and grabbed me by the shoulder. Then he covered my eyes.

"Keep your eyes closed," he told me. I nodded my head. It was quiet for a bit and I was getting really anxious. All of a sudden I felt something on my chest.