Chapter 17

We met with Min Hyuk at the front of the gate.
"Annyeong Min Hyuk," I said to him.
"Annyeong," he said back.
"I'm hungry, are you guys hungry," Min Hyuk asked.
"Yeah," Wonho answered.
"Follow me," he said. We followed him to a convenience store and ate some ramen there.
When we got back everyone was in the field. We walked over there and saw Mr. Song and Principal Jung standing in front of us.

"Lee Min Hyuk, Kim Min-Seo, Shin Hoseok, please sit down," Mr. Song said.
"So everyone might already know this but our annul dance is coming up," Principal Jung said. Everyone began cheering. I looked at Wonho and he held onto my hands.
"The date of the dance will be October 3rd, which is next week. It will be on a Saturday."
"Alright everyone head inside and go to class," Mr. Song said.
When I got to my locker Ji-Yu was there waiting.
"Annyeong Min-Seo."
"Annyeong Ji-Yu."
"Min-Seo we have to go shopping for dresses," she said.
"Sure, when?"
"Tomorrow after school," she answered.
"Araso[1]," I said to her.

Wonho and I went to our class and waited for Miss. Jeon to come.
"Annyeong class, please be seated," she said.
"Annyeonghaseyo Miss. Jeon," we all said to her. When she left our class Min Hyuk came to talk to us.
"Are you guys going to go to the dance?"
"Yeah,"I answered.
"Are you guys going with each other," he asked.
"Yep," Wonho answered.
"Are you going to find anyone to go with," I asked Min Hyuk.
"I don't have anyone in mind," he said.
"I do," I said smiling at him. I grabbed my phone and texted Ji-Yu.

Me: Come to the bathroom near my room. [Sent]
Ji-Yu: Okay. [Recieved]

I went out and waited for her.
"Do you have anyone to go to the dance with," I asked her immediately.
"No, why...," she asked curiously.
"Because I have someone in mind," I smirked at her.
"Who is it?"
"Min Hyuk."
"Min Hyuk oppa?"
"Oppa?" I looked at her in shocked.
"I used to like him okay," she confessed.
"I thought he liked you though," she asked.
"I'm dating Wonho," I said softly.
"What! Ahhhh! When, where, how," she kept asking.
"I'll tell you when we go shopping," I told her. We went back to our class before first period started.

"Min Hyuk," I whispered. He came up to me and bent down on his knee.
"What do you think about going to the dance with Jung Ji-Yu," I asked.
"Umm yeah I'd love that," he said.
"Great, but you still have to ask her though," I said to him. He nodded his head and went back to his seat as Mr. Lee came in.

"Okay class you will have a book report due by this friday. Today you will pick a partner and also pick out a book."
Wonho elbowed me and of course I said yes. We went up to his desk to pick out a book. We picked a mystery and romance book.

Wonho's POV

After school, I went back home since Min-Seo and I couldn't hang out. When I arrived, I went inside and saw my parents in the living room.

"Omma, appa...," I said shocked to see them here.
"Hoseok," they said, coming to give me a hug.
"What are you guys doing here," I asked.
"Well we have news to tell you," my mom said.
"What is it?"
"You are going to permanently come live with us in America now," she said excitedly.
"WHAT!"
"Yeah aren't you happy. I don't know why you wanted to come back here. There is nothing here for you. Living in America will be great for you," my dad commented.
"But I don't want to go," I said getting frustrated.
"I'm sorry Hoseok, but we let you come back for 2 years. You need to come back home with us," my dad said.
"BUT THIS IS MY HOME!"
"Young man I do not appreciate you raising your voice at me," my dad said.
"And just letting you know we are leaving October 5th," my mom said.
"I'm not going. I refuse to go back there."

I cleared my throat and was ready to leave the house. That's two days after the dance. I can't do that to Min-Seo. I went into my room and slammed the door shut. I was in no mood to talk to my parents. I wanted to go over to Min-Seo's but she had plans with her parents tonight. I started to get bored and didn't have anything to do. I was still angry at my parents. The only thing to calm me down was to play on my keyboard. I decided to finish the melody I was composing. I began humming but I still couldn't think of the lyrics. While I was playing my keyboard, all I could think was how the hell am I going to tell Min-Seo.

We've only been dating for a day and now I have to tell her this. What a great boyfriend I am. I began humming again and eventually lyrics were coming to me. I grabbed my lyric book and jotted down what came to my mind. At the end I had a short song.

Why does my parents want me to go back to America. I hated it there. I was the laughing stock of the school. I was the oddball. My parents asked why I wanted to come back here. I have friends here but of course my parents wouldn't notice. They don't care for me. All they care about is their work. It's been 3 years since we all celebrated holidays and birthdays together. 3 years that went by and I was home alone on my birthday. 3 years of pain and depression. 3 years of loneliness. But when I came back, I was happy as ever. Especially now having Min-Seo with me. I promised her I'd help her and she would be there to help me. What am I going to do now? Someone help me....

It was midnight and I was still up. I didn't even want to be in my house anymore. I grabbed my jacket and my backpack with my school books and my uniform. I headed out the house towards Shownu house. I called him to see if he was up.

"Yoboseyo[2]?"
"Shownu are you up," I asked.
"Yeah I just got home actually," he said.
"From what," I asked curious.
"Work and from the gym," he answered.
"Can I crash at your place tonight," I asked.
"Yeah sure. You remember my place?"
"Yeah I do."

It took me about half an hour to eventually get to his house. I texted him that I was outside his house. He came to the door and welcomed me in.
"Hey Wonho."
"Hey. Man its been a while since I've been here," I said weakly.
"Wonho kwenchana? Have you been crying? Your eyes are really red and puffy."
"Oh umm I'm okay," I lied. I tired holding back my tears but it just kept building up by my eyelid.
"Wonho you can talk to me if you need to," he said holding onto my shoulder. I turned to face him and let all my worries out and told him.

"I don't think I can tell her though but I have to. I wrote a song though," I said.
"Well writing was your way of getting away from stress," Shownu said.
"It's the only reason I'm still here and somewhat happy. Music is my outlet from life and people," I said.
"Can I hear it," he asked.
"Do you have a piano," I asked.

He led me to his basement and into another room.
"I remember this room," I said looking around.
"Yeah dude. This was where we practiced our music. This is where I saw you smile the most. In this very room, this is where you said you were going to become a musician."
He was right, I did tell myself that. We walked over to his piano and I began playing the melody. I tried my best to sing the song before I would starting tearing up again.

"Wow...I'm speechless," he said to me after I finished playing.
"Thanks."
"When are you going to tell her,"he asked.
"Not yet," I asnwered. I wanted to wait until we got our studies done.
"Is there anything you want me to do, once you leave," Shownu asked.
"Yeah...protect her for me. And if you can't find her around school, check the roof."

[1] Okay
[2] Hello? (when you answer the phone)