Chapter 6

When Wonho and Min Hyuk left it was just me. I tried to sleep but then someone came in my room.

"Ji-Yu," I said sitting back up on my bed.
"Annyeong Min-Seo. Oh my goodness are you okay," she asked looking at my face.
"Yeah I'm fine," I told her.
"How was your first day of school," she asked.
"Okay. I got detention yesterday from Mr. Soh."
"Haha yeah you better watch out for him. He's very strict," she said.
"Can I ask you a question," I asked her.
"Sure what is it?"
"Did Min Hyuk and Bora have a thing before?"
"Yeah they did last year. It was close to the end of the year and Min Hyuk said he didn't want to have a relationship when he went over seas. Bora was upset but Min Hyuk said this year they might get back together."
"Well that makes sense because Min Hyuk walked with me to detention and she walked up to us. Bora came and asked him to go eat lunch with him. He declined and she gave me a death stare."
"Yeah just ignore her. She's like this every year. It gets annoying but she pretends like it doesn't happen. Do you think Min Hyuk likes you," she asked. I shrugged my shoulders when she asked that.

We chatted more until Wonho came back inside with Min Hyuk. Ji-Yu glared at me after she saw Wonho. She winked at me and then left to go back to class. Principal Jung came in to check on me.
"Min-Seo I called your parents and they asked for you to go home," he said.
"Neh," I said not wanting to go though.
"Could I walk with her just in case something bad happens," Wonho asked.
Principal Jung agreed and let us go to our lockers. We went to my locker and grabbed my stuff then went to his. We left the school but I grabbed Wonho's arm and went the opposite direction. We headed to the resturaunt that we went to yesterday.

"Hyung," Wonho called out as we entered the resturaunt. They came out of the kitchen and ran to me.
"Min-Seo kwenchana," the old man said to me.
"Neh, I came here to start work ahjussi[1]," I said.
"Call me hal-abeoji [2] and you are not going to start work until you get better," the old man said. Before I could say anything he walked away.
"Hyung, menus please," Wonho said going to a table. I followed him and ordered our food. I slouched into my chair and crossed my arm.

"Why are you upset," he asked me.
"I wanted to work so I wouldn't have to go home."
"But your parents might be worried," he said.
"Yeah only when I'm hurt they will finally notice me," I said annoyed
"Give me your phone," he said holding his hands out.
"Why?"
"Phone." I reluctantly gave it to him.
"What are you doing," I asked. He ignored me and then handed my phone back. I looked through but didn't notice anything different. I looked at him and he smiled at me. My phone vibrated and I looked back down at my phone. It was a text from a random number.

Annyeong chingu. [3]
Wonho [Recieved]

I looked up and smiled. Seo-Jun, the waiters name, came out with our food. While we were eating hal-abeoji came out to our table.
"Don't worry about paying today."
We thanked him and continued eating. As we were cleaning up I got another text message.

Mom: Min-Seo where are you![Recieved]
Me: I'm coming home right now.[Sent]

Wonho and I headed out to go home. I saw that Wonho was still following me when we got back to the school. But then I remembered he was walking me home. We got closer to the neighborhood and I started walking slower. He noticed I was walking slower and stopped me.
"Don't be scared. I'm here with you," he said up close to my face. I shook my head and we continued walking. Well we made it to my front door steps safely.

"Do you want me to come in the mornings too," he asked.
"No its okay. I should be fine. Thank you though for today," I said.
"It's okay, well I should be heading home then," he said. He walked back from where we came from but I watched him till he was out of the neighborhood. I walked inside and saw my parents in the living room.

"Where were you Min-Seo," my mom asked me.
"I was coming home but I got hungry and stopped somewhere to eat," I told them.
"We were worried sick about you," my dad said.
"Yeah okay," I whispered to myself.
"What was that," my dad questioned.
"Nothing," I said walking to my room.
"Come back here young lady. What is with this attitude," my dad said. I turned around and walked back to the living room.
"What do you mean," I questioned.
"You know exactly what I mean. You've been acting up lately," my dad said.
"I don't think so." I could tell my dad was getting frustrated.
"Oh no...cause sure seems like your giving me sass right now," he said in anger.
"Because your pissing me off," I said to him loudly. He came and slapped me in the face.
"You will not disrespect me in my house."
"Well you know what, I HATE YOU! YOU DON'T CARE FOR ME EVER," I screamed.
He came up to me and slapped me again.
"Go ahead keep hurting me because I know you don't care for me and you know it too," I said. He was at full swing until my mom finally came in and stopped him. I ran to my room and packed my things. I threw my bag out of the window and jumped out.

Me: Wonho can you meet me at the school? [Sent]
Wonho: Yeah sure. Everything okay? [Recieved]
Me: No...[Sent]

I ran all the way to the gate at school and saw him sitting at the bench. I stopped right in front of him and he touched my face.
"Your face is red, what happened?"
"My dad."
"Why did he hit you?"
"Because I disrespected him by saying he pissed me off. He smacked me and I yelled at him I hate him and that he doesn't care for me. He smacked me again and I told him to keep hurting me."
"Wow, good thing I was close to school when you texted me." I looked at him and he had a smile on his face. We walked to an arcade and we played some games to get my mind off things. We were near a river so we went and sat by it.

"Are you okay now," he asked still looking into the river.
"Neh. Gomawo Wonho for being here with me. Thank you for cheering me up and protecting me," I said to him. He scooted in closer to me and stared into my eyes.
"I will always make sure you are happy when you are around me. And I will always protect you Min-Seo." I my heart started beating faster that I could feel it want to explode. He put his hand over my shoulders and pulled me in to a hug. I put my arms around him and held him tight.
"Don't let go," I said.
"I won't," he replied.

Only he could my my bad days turn unto into a good day just being around him. He's understood me and knows how to keep me happy. I would not be able to survive without him.

[1] Mister
[2] Grandpa
[3] Hello friend