Chapter 1- Noor

Noor's POV:

"Oh no! Mom, I am getting super late," I said aloud, as rushing down the stairs.

"You've always been one to skip breakfast, what should I do with you?" Mom gave me a concerned look. "Please have some fresh juice." Mom pointed the butter knife at the juice filled pitcher. She was preparing a buttered toast for me.

"Juice, eh! Can I take one day leave from juice?" I gave my mom a pouty look. She nodded in dismissal.

"Please!" I clasped my hands, batted my eyelashes.

"Oh dear! You are a University student now — but I see, still you are like a little child. When will you grow up?" She lectured me as she handed me buttered toast.

"Umm..." I took a minimal bite. "Why don't you ask my Bhai to stop buying dolls for me." I complained while chewing and her face split in a huge grin but she quickly turned towards kitchen. "I will see him as well." I heard her saying with smiling voice. I put the half eaten toast in plate.

She came back with kettle and saw me standing. "Finish it!" She spoke as her eyes laid on toast.

"Oh my sweet moon, I will take some lunch from cafeteria." I kissed my Mom's forehead. She gestured me back to show me that she is not at all pleased with my habit of skipping breakfast.

"Well! Can I have some biryani for lunch made by the beautiful hands of my mother? It's been so long that I am craving for it." I put my demand forward, buttering her up.

She smiled and nodded.

"OK I'm going. Allah Hafiz, Mother!"

After rewarding her smile with a toothy grin, I made my way to the door.

"Allah Hafiz my dear, may Allah's blessings be upon you." Mom replied with mix of emotions like she is happy and sad both, happy to say me bye or sad that I denied to have breakfast.

I threw a flying kiss to her with 28 teeth smile.
I knew this would make her smile as she is the sweetest in every way.

I adjusted my Hijab (headscarf) and began to head out.
At the corner of road, I look University point (Omni Bus). As it stopped by my side. I safely boardedd on and it started its journey to my University, where my friend surely waiting for me.

At The University:

"Assalam o Alaikum!"

I greeted my best friend while she hugged me tightly.

"Hey! what happened?" I inquired her just because she was looking super emotional today.

"Come on! you are choking me, I need air." I protested for my right to breathe. She pulled away and her really tight grip just gone.

"Rudaba! Tell me now, what is Happy with you?"
I felt she slightly blushed in reply.

"Oh my! Is that proposal accepted by your parents?" I asked her but she was shying away from me as if I am her groom.

"Noor!" Finally she spoke with voice full of emotions, "You are correct. My parents gave their consent to Ahsan's proposal!"

"Oh Wow! That's great news. Finally you and Ahsan will tied in a wedding knot!"

I said with my heart filled with happiness in favour of my friend and her future.

"Yes Noor...Thank you. You are so pure and innocent, I wouldn't be able to stay on the right path without you."

I hugged her in happiness for her big day.

"Now time for treat!" I yelled in funny way as I pulled away.

"Yes sure @ your service madam."

She bowed her head like a maid to a princess, we both Chuckled.

********

A/N

Read, vote and comment.