Chapter 28 - Pain

Faraan's POV:

"Come on! Kill me....kill me beast...kill me!"

After screaming at me, she fell. She was at my boots.

She feebly looked up with a reddened face yet eyes. "What are you waiting for? Kill me now." She demanded so calmly.

I was unmoved there.

The phone was ringing, just ringing.

Her cries were following me, as I hastened out of the room with an unknown burden upon my heart.

"Who?" My growl towards the caller.

"Faraan! Son.....Sorry to bother you, but that report doesn't belong to your wife, that belongs to Mrs. Farhan. Sorry, dear, a big blunder happened just because of names jumbling."

My head spun like a top as my doctor Aunt proceeded more. "Your wife isn't pregnant, she is suffering from weakness. Nowadays girls are very conscious about their weight...so...for looking slim on their wedding day they go on crash diets. Son! Are you listening to me?"

Yes, I was listening, now only cries of Noor, coming from the room.

Smash!

The phone just slipped out of my hand, hit the floor, and got unassembled.

I followed and knelt with a thud there, where I stood. Like a loser, the first time...I lowered my head in painful regret.

Clutching my head with my hands...I pulled my hair harder.

'Oh, my God! What have I done... How can I think like that about her

I turned my head for a look at the room, where I just showed an animal side of me.

It all started in the hospital, where I took her after she got faint at the party.

Flashback:

Was it a bomb blast..?

Or what?

Just blew me up, every fiber just separated...I wasn't believing my ears, for what I listened.

"Oh, Faraan, congratulations! you're going to be Father, your wife is pregnant with 6 weeks."

The doctor's cheerful voice jammed my nervous system. I just barely controlled my urge to say a loud, "What!"

"Just take care of her more than before, she needs some extra nutrition like fresh juices-----"

Aunt was saying much more...but I felt the vein in my temple popped up suddenly. It was going to rupture.

'Noor is not the pure one that I assumed'

My first thought and I just sprang up from the seat.

"OK, Aunt! There is an urgency; I have to go.
Goodbye!"

Leaving her amazed, I grabbed reports from her hand, I was rushing out with a wounded and bleeding heart.

Ferociously Pulling her from the bed, I just slapped her. My anger was boiling my blood inside my veins.

I had one aim left. To punish her, for betraying me.

Yes, betrayal...

Why she acted so pure?

Why she attracted me to her with fake innocence of her?

I never desired ever, for any girl, but after Nikkah, I was amazed, at how quickly she entered my heart without knocking on it and started to live like a Queen. How mutely she broke into my thoughts and started to dwell there without letting me know.