Chapter 48 - Milk Moustache

Noor's POV:

The afternoon:

Zero smile.... Indistinct gestures with thoughtfulness on his handsome face, he was going to drop me at my Mom's.

The night before we celebrated our Valima reception and all I behaved achi bacchi then why?
(good girl)

Why?

He was quiet all the way, never turned on the music as he always did.....I was wondering,  he never hit upon me with even a forgetful gaze for a single time,

What's wrong with him...

I recalled the breakfast time:

[At breakfast table he was quite chivalrous...

Filling my glass with fresh juice he said. "Noor, don't shy...it's your home now."

"No, I'm not." I was fumbling with my fingers.

"Zareena! Ask your Ma'am, if she wants something else." He asked while forking a piece of cheese veggie omelette.

Zareena put the kettle on the table and asked very hospitably.

"Yes Ma'am, Would you like something else?"

"Thanks Zareena, there is already everything, actually I'm not good at breakfast."

I safely placed the glass on the table and smilingly spoke to her....I felt he was, keenly observing me, then he signalled Zareena, she moved ahead and put some French toast in my plate.

After serving, as she walked away, I listened him saying...

"Noor, start over, I need a healthy wife....you know what I mean!"

There was a politeness with nuances, secured inside his command.

Reasonlessly, my cheeks started to blaze, when he asked me to butter a slice.

"Would you like to butter a slice for me"?

I cautiously, eyed through the table, he caught my act, picked the slice and butter knife, handed me, then put the butter dish in front of mine. Slowly then I started to spread butter on slice, smoothly yet evenly.

"Thanks....nice buttering!"

He was way too courteous, while taking buttered slice from my hand.

I truly wasn't able to show any gesture and dont know why I felt like myself a baby owl exposed to daylight.

"You better be smiling most of the time, instead of this bizarre expression." He was sipping on his coffee after lecturing me.

'And you better be Human, instead of Beast.'

I thought in mind and flashed him a little smile, "Aisey?"
(like this?)

His eyes on me, making me nervous evermore, as he was slicing his omelette.

'Uff ik to mairi fazool se sharm,  oper se inn ki ghooriya khatum nahi horahi'

(Ugh, this weird shyness of mine and ontop he is scaring me with his stare)

'What's wrong with you.... my beasty? Look down! You will cut yourself.'

I hid my face, behind the glass of juice again]

⇨⇨⇨Back to the present⇦⇦⇦

In car←←←