Chapter 39 - Insomniac Beast

Continued...

"No ....go away....never.."

Noor was punching him with her tiny fists, his arms, his chest, and his stomach... Everywhere.

Faraan wasn't moving away from her as he was enjoying her pleasant torture...he was behaving like a punching bag for her.

Krrrr...

The door flung open, and Noor got frozen...

A cute little girl of 8 years with cute gestures was smiling at Noor.

"Noor Aapi!"

She was looking in amazement at Faraan who was removing Noor's fists from his body...and she was continuously looking at the doorstep, where the little girl, literally made her take a sigh of relief.

"Mani!"

Finally, Noor spoke and made her way down to the floor as she was still on the table.

"Mani....come here..."

As Noor called the girl, she slowly yet shyly moved forward to them...

"Assalam-o-Alaikum,"

The little girl greeted Faraan with cute gestures and Faraan replied to her with a pat on her face...

The girl was a bit curiously looking at Faraan, then Noor held her arm and made her closer to them.

"He......he is Faraan...my.... umm.....your uncle."

Noor read the question in her eyes and replied in hesitation.

"You didn't tell me that you have a baby sister." He addressed Noor, bit confused.

"She is Mani...Minal.
Hajrah's daughter. Hajrah is our maid...but she is family-like."

"Ohh...well!"

Faraan saw Noor caressing the girl's hair...patting and pinching her chubby cheeks. But the smiling little girl's center of interest only was this tall Uncle.

"Mani! You know, I'm jealous of you." Faraan spoke to the girl, who was now clung to Noor but still smiling at him.

"Your Noor Aapi! Look, how she's loving you, but she only beats me... As you saw."
He added dramatically.

Mani's smile grew, she looked up at Noor...

Noor lifted her gaze to Faraan and then spoke only audible to him.

"She is an orphan."

Ohh!!!

Faraan felt a sudden sorrow for the cute little angel.

"Thanks, Mani you saved my life as you saw your Noor Api. My God, she is so dangerous!"

He spoke to Mani in a bit funny way...

In reply, Mani started giggling but she shook her head as if not agreeing with him.

He grabbed her hand softly and made her come near him...

He was feeling for this cute girl...

Although he was enough grown sometimes missed his parents very badly...

He bent down at her level and started little questions about her school, grade, friends...

Mani was replying to him very innocently. She was liking this uncle......and Faraan was inspired by this little girl's confident answers.

"Do you like dolls?"

He asked....so friendly.

"Yes!"