Chapter 17 - Poisonous Apple

Subscribe to my youtube channel.

Faraan's POV:

Recap:

I fell tiredly on the bed as my body was demanding a complete, calm, and sound sleep. Even though it was more than comfy bedding, I couldn't shut my lids. My whole day's activities were scrolling down through my eyes.

******

Ahh!

I turned in the bed and pain shot up in my shoulder. The girl came before my eyes, whom I slapped hard multiple times for such a dare.

'Tit for tat!'
I just smirked.

While gliding between thoughts, my mind recalled the scene when she was staring strangely at the glass, which I gave her to drink at her choking off. She was looking so pitiable.

"Come on, piyo!" I repeated.

With shaky hands, she gripped the glass and drank in one gulp.
I saw her face half-covered with messy honey-brown hair, and half of the face was bruised by the hard slap of mine. It was so hard that it made the corner of her lip bleed. I saw a fine line of blood traced to her chin.

I felt pity for the girl who was unaware of her Brother's real face and paying off his deed.

She was perplexed under my deep gaze on her, looking very baffled.
I asked her to finish the meal but she denied it with quite a poorness on her face.

'Shakal se to buhat masoom. lagti hai. Hmmm'
(She has so innocent face)

I thought and took a spoonful of rice and understood her problem. Rice was too spicy......too much.

I called the watchman— to ask Amma to bring some dress for the girl as it was ripped off and she was revealing her body and other womanly stuff.

I just leaned a bit in her direction–gazing at her face, I put in a friendly offer for hot yummy food. A Pizza.

She lifted her head and met my gaze with her widened eyes, "No." Words slipped out of her mouth in a dead tone.

"Are you from Mars?" I wanted to confirm and in reply, her chin quivered.

"Mai nay tum say yeh to nahi poocha k mujh say shadi kero gi?"
(I have never asked you that will you marry me)

I asked in my persiflage tone. As I am never habitual in denial.

She blanched at once.....like she has seen a big cockroach... Girls' common phobia.

Her sobbing was now On...

Meanwhile, I sniffed and found a plate of apples on the table. I picked the redder one—rubbed it with my vest and presented it to her.

"Apple khao gi?"
(Wanna eat an apple)

She was looking at me like a frog turned into Prince.

"No!" She nodded morosely then.

"Trust me, zehreela nahi hai."
(It's not poisonous)

I assured, them while still offering her. She lifted the head and saw the apple for a moment —then snatched it from my hand and hurled it away, screaming. "Get me out of here. Why don't you let me go? I only want to go....home....for Allah's sake.....Mom! Bhai!"