Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

October 25th

Sitting on the bathroom floor I groaned as I pushed my hair back from my face, my stomach sore and empty as I heaved into the toilet again. Andy was out of town for a few days with the band, playing a few gigs and then heading to the recording studio.

He called most nights but I was scared though I'd never admit it to him. The wind howling against the house most nights making my eyes water at the memories of Phil's howling laughter. Or even when Andy introduced me to the band... I broke down crying and ran to the bathroom. Everything was a memory, a horrible reminder of what happened and I felt bad that Andy decided to stick around. In a lot of ways we hadn't really decided what we were. We'd never said if we were going out, we just acted exclusive to each other.

Flushing the toilet I stood up and brushed my teeth, trying to rid my mouth of the bitter after-taste from vomiting. Wiping my hands dry on my shirt I walked around the house, not because I didn't know my way around, but because I was searching for someone who would appear out of no where.

A squeal passed my lips as a loud knock came from the door, taking a deep breath I walked downstairs and opened the front door. Standing there was the postman, a bored expression on his face as he held a small box.

"Mrs Alex Beirsack?" the man asked with a raised brow.

"Y-Yes?" I mumbled, slightly confused at the last name that was given.

"This is for you," he mumbled as he handed me the box.

Taking the box I frowned at the heaviness of it. Taking the pen and board from the man I signed my name before taking the box inside with me.

"What is this?" I mumbled as I opened the box.

A squeal passing my lips as I saw a small puppy inside. Its fur was soft and mismatch of black, brown and white with unusual blue eyes. Smiling I picked the pup up, holding it close as it licked my face with excitement. Putting the pup down I picked up the note that was at the bottom of the box. Pulling the folded paper open a grin spread across my face as I read the familiar printed writing that belonged to Andy.

 Pulling the folded paper open a grin spread across my face as I read the familiar printed writing that belonged to Andy

Alex,

I know how lonely you've been at home when I have to go do gigs and tours, so I hope this bundle of fur can make up for it when I'm not there with you. I know it doesn't make up for me not being there but I'll try and be home soon.

I love you,

Andy