Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

The Next Morning

        I yawned as I opened my eyes. I frowned as I looked around at the unknown room I was in. Sky blue walls with a large window opposite me. I threw the covers off my body and walked over to the window. I smiled as I sat down on the seat that curved around the window itself. I looked down at the backyard to see Carter mowing the lawn. Shirtless. I blushed as my eyes watched him push the mower around the yard.

        I could feel my stomach twirling around with a mix of emotions for someone who had been my childhood friend. I blushed as I looked away from Carter. I sighed before walking downstairs to the kitchen. I pulled out a mug before making a cup of coffee for both me and Carter. Maybe he might not want one though. I poured the coffee down the drain and grabbed a glass before filling it with water. I walked outside with the glass of water and walked over to Carter. I blushed as Carter turned the mower around and stopped the mower. He smiled his million dollar smile at me as he walked over to me. I smiled back and handed him the glass of water. Clear, glistening droplets of sweat rolling down his chest and past his faint snail trail.

"Thanks Alex," Carter said as he started to drink it.

"Welcome," I muttered. I looked down at the freshly mowed grass.

"Alex? What's happened to you? We haven't talked since after graduation and you hardly hang out with me anymore. Why now all of a sudden?"

I sighed and looked up at Carter.

"Alex come on you can tell me. Promise I won't judge you," Alex said with a pleading look.

"I-It's Phil," I whispered as my gaze fell back to the ground.

"Alex what did he do to you!?" Carter said through gritted teeth.

"He," I paused. Should I really tell Carter this? What if he did something stupid and got himself hurt?

"Alex please, I beg you! Tell me!"

"H-He hurts me," I muttered.

"H-He rapes you doesn't he?" Carter said through a weak voice.

"Y-Yes."

"Alex... Why didn't you tell me before now?" Carter asked clearly upset and hurt.

"I wasn't allowed to. I-I wasn't even allowed to talk to m-many of my old friends," I stuttered.

I could feel the hot tears falling down my cheeks as Carter pulled me into a tight embrace. I hugged him back and began breaking down in sobs. His voice whispering soothing, calm words into my ear. I slowly fell asleep in his arms. Though it was a restless sleep.