Prologue

Friday night
August 13th, 2013

I sighed as I sat up in the bathtub. I dried myself off quickly with a clean towel. I looked at myself in the floor length mirror and frowned at what I saw. A scrawny girl at about 5 foot 6" with raven black hair and deep blue eyes. Then I realised what else I saw, fresh wounds and old scars covering her hips, thighs and her waist. She was ugly. I always was ugly. I looked away from the mirror and walked to my bedroom.

I pulled on a Black Veil Brides t-shirt along with black skinny jeans, to top it off I put on my favourite Batman jacket. I put on a small amount of eye make-up before putting my hair up in a messy bun. I grabbed a black back-pack before sneaking downstairs to grab my Batman Converse.

"Alex!"my step-father shouted from the loungeroom.

I cringed with fear knowing what would happen. I walked into the loungeroom and looked at my step-father Phil laying in his recliner chair. He had dark brown hair and sharp blue eyes. I swallowed deeply as I stood near his him. My mum had married Phil years ago but she died in a car crash just a year later. So of course Phil got to look after me, at first it was okay, but then he became abusive.

"Y-Yes Phil?" I replied nervously.

"Bend down and get the remote for me you little whore," he spat.

I swallowed down my fear and looked on the floor to see his remote just a few inches away from his chair. I walked in front of the recliner chair and bent down. As soon as my fingers wrapped around the remote a hard slap hit my ass. I bit down on my lip and squeezed my eyes shut. Please, not again, I thought silently. Phil laughed and rubbed his hips against my ass. I whimpered quietly, trying to ignore what he was going to do.

"I think I should get what I deserve don't you? You filthy whore?" Phil whispered evily.

Not again, anything but this please....