Epilogue

Epilogue
Andy

I'm sorry that this is how it's ending. In a way I'm not sorry, I'm glad it's ending. All the pain, the memories and nightmares that follow me around... They're all far too much for me to handle anymore.

I'm sorry Andy, that I am the broken one. That love isn't the thing that will help or heal my wounds that were inflicted so long ago.

Those wounds were fatal. Life changing and damaging. I'm sorry, I won't be there for Isabella. I'm so, so sorry.

Please take care of Izzy. She deserves better than this.

Love Alex.

Placing the letter down the tears fell once again. It's been a week. Maybe two. I wasn't good at keeping track of time or how many days it'd been. Just that she was no longer here with me.

They found her on the bridge, three miles from here. They'd tried talking her down and all she did was smile and say she was sorry. For what the ambulance and officers on duty had no idea. But re-reading the letter it made sense.

No matter how hard I'd have tried it wouldn't have worked. I wouldn't have been able to save her. I couldn't save her. Swallowing hard i forced the lump in my throughly down. I needed to be strong. For Izzy.

Looking over at her sleeping form I felt the pain in my heart increase. She looked just like her...

"I will Alex. I'll protect her. I promise," I whispered.