Special Chapter (Part 2)

SPECIAL CHAPTER PART TWO

Be happy always, little Ger . . .

Dest

"Guatamyel and Park."

Her eyes widened when she heard my surname being paired with hers.

Napaangat ang kilay ko. She's probably wishing to be paired with Helix. She obviously didn't want anywhere near me.

"Guatamyel—who?" I asked Mr. David for clarification.

"Oh. Sorry, I forgot we have two Guatamyels here. But your name's written here with Park. So, it's you, Dest," Mr. David said. She finally let out a sigh of relief and that confused me.

She exchanged glances with me, and a few seconds later, I couldn't help but approach her.

I didn't want to force myself on her.

"I can tell Hel to swap partners, you know," I said, but she immediately shook her head.

What was that for?

I was waiting for her to initiate the swap, but she just stood beside me until Mr. David finished discussing the game we're about to play.

He left folded papers in the forest and we have to find it and pick one. He said not to read what's written on the paper because that's going to be the last part of the game where we will be going to do the dare that's written on the paper we picked up. Sinabi niya rin na may mga papel na blangko lang laman and those who will be lucky enough to pick it up will be safe from any dare.

Really? Iyan na talaga 'yong climax ng creativity niya?

"Oh man, this ain't fun," I muttered, clenching my jaw before we walked around the forest to find a folded paper.

Shin and I turned on the flashlight we were carrying and went to the part of the forest where no one else was.

"Bakit mo iniiwasan si Helix?" I asked all of a sudden while we're in the middle of finding a paper. Well, I was dying to ask her that. Ngayon lang ako nakahanap ng tiyempo.

"Why not? He's my ex."

"Exes can be friends too, you know." Sige, Dest. Itulak mo pa lalo papalapit sa iba 'yong babaeng gusto mo. Gaano ka kabobo, huh?

"But not us." She rolled her eyes. "Why did you even go back here to De Grande? Kyll High was hundred percent peaceful when you weren't around," pag-iiba niya ng usapan kaya natawa ako at napailing. "You're good at changing the topic."

"And you're good at annoying people," she countered.

"I'm well aware of that, little Ger."

Almost thirty minuted had passed, we finally found a paper, so we picked it up and went back to the camp.

Hinintay naming 'yong iba na makabalik saka nagtawag si Mr. David ng mga pangalan para basahin 'yong nakasulat sa mga papel na napulot namin.

This was freakin' annoying. Masyadong matagal 'tong palaro ni sir at hindi na ako natutuwa. Gusto ko nang matulog.

"Are you mad at me or something, Mr. David? Why do we need to go first?" Kath complained, groaning in frustration as she stood up in front of everyone with Nadia.

Kath opened the folded paper, and her eyes immediately widened in surprise.

Napatitig naman ako kay Shin na nasa tabi ko dahil sa bigla niyang pagtawa. I can't stop myself from staring at her. She's just too beautiful. Her eyes, her hair, her smile, her laugh...everything about her makes me fall for her even more. And this was just too unfair. Loving her from afar.

Nanatili lang akong nakatitig sa kanya at hinayaang lumipas ang oras nang gano'n lang ang ginagawa ko.

Hindi ko nga namalayan na kami na pala 'yong tinatawag ni Mr. David.

Tumayo na lang ako at pumunta na sa harapan. Kahit hindi ako nakatingin sa likuran ko ay alam kong nakasunod sa 'kin si Shin.

"You wanna read it?" tanong ko sa kanya no'ng nasa harapan na kaming dalawa pero umiling siya.

Tumango lang ako saka ko binuksan 'yong papel na hawak ko.

A mischievous smile escaped my lips. "Now this is fun," I said, grinning even more.

Napakunot ang noo niya kaya natawa ako. Ang cute na naman ng reaksyon niya.

"Kiss your partner," I said, reading what's written on the paper.

Her eyes widened, immediately grabbing the paper I was holding. And that made me laugh even more.

Everyone made a sound to tease the two of us, making me grin wider. "Let's not do that," she said, making my smile slowly fade away.

She's in love with my brother, and why was I even dreaming of having her look at me as a man?

"Boo!" someone from the back yelled.

Pilit akong ngumiti. "It's unfair to them, little Ger. They all accepted the dare."

"Hel's watching," she muttered.

Helix, again.

"So?" I scoffed.

"Damn it, Dest. You've gotta stop this right now," she demanded.

"Sorry, little Ger," I said, pulling her closer to me as I closed the gap between us.

She immediately closed her eyes, and I just stared at her. I've always wanted to kiss her, but I couldn't.

I've always dreamed of holding her close like this.

I've always dreamed of winning her heart, but that's just too impossible for someone like me.

I hate to admit this, but you look better with my brother.

Finally putting an end to my one-sided love, I gave her a soft kiss on her cheek.

Be happy always, little Ger . . .